Counterparty Credit Risk Manager
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Counterparty Credit Risk manager, you'll play an important role driving and delivering the future CCR infrastructure to meet challenging demands from both regulators and business. You'll enjoy working across divisions and will be empowered to make change happen.
In Group Risk Management and Control, we are passionate about quality and integrity in our deliveries ensuring that Nordea achieves “best in class” risk management solutions.
- Solution design - we create and communicate use cases for solutions to a range of risk management needs, from creating capital value to fulfilling regulatory laws and internal management of exposure versus limits.
- Projects - we participate , drive, large and small projects - achieving the best possible result within the constraints of budget, time and resource. Planning and scoping are included in this work.
- Collaborations - with our fellow GMRC departments , stakeholders and external/internal IT groups.
- Analysis - pilot studies - impact studies - projections and publication of results.
- Quality assurance - both testing and automation - ensuring high quality and successful rollouts
- Validation – we ensure that Nordea complies with the internal and external regulatory requirements for standards in relevant systems, data and processes.
- Regulation – we know the regulations that apply to our area and the obligations they place on our infrastructure and processes. We are able to respond to external regulators' questions and demonstrate compliance.
The role is based in Copenhagen.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in living our purpose and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Take ownership of assignments and see them through to completion
- Value cooperation and cross team interactions
- Able to work on assignments alone and with others
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive character.
You have a relevant Master's degree, preferably in economics, finance or maths combined with at least 2 years of relevant work experience. Ideally this experience includes working in banking; with OTC derivatives, securities financing products; or in a risk management discipline. Alternatively, you could have experience working with infrastructure, functionality, testing, governance or data in the banking and finance industry.
- You have In-depth understanding of the credit or market risks relating to derivatives alternatively worked with infrastructure or regulations in the derivative space.
- Superior skills in Excel and Microsoft office are required and experience with VBA, Python and SQL is an advantage.
- You will be fluent in English.
You have until 22 April 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Rasmus Møller Pedersen, +45 61221156, firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.