Regional Category Manager
Do you have an innate interest to do more with less, are you able to make decisions autonomously, demonstrate strong commercial acumen and prioritize work in a fast-paced dynamic environment? Can you confidently navigate in a multi-cultural setting among many stakeholders while excelling in category strategies and activities? If you hold a solid grounding in category management and are hungry to take the next step to solidify your procurement career path – Danfoss is looking for two Regional Category Managers. As member of the Danfoss Procurement Category Team, you will be responsible for regional procurement strategy within one of the following categories:
- Turned Parts
- Pressed Parts
At Danfoss, we meet the growing need for infrastructure, food supply, energy efficiency and climate-friendly solutions. Danfoss Procurement is a global centralized organization arranged in category management teams and segment operational purchasing units. More than 400 colleagues worldwide focus on all procurement areas, supporting our strategies and Key Performance Indicators. We aim at increasing supplier performance and minimizing complexity and yearly costs.
The possible locations for this positions are: Poland, Denmark and North Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to development of category strategies including risk assessments and deploy to stakeholders. Ensure the availability of market analysis and supplier technology roadmaps.
- Negotiate competitive buying prices based on policy and targets given by Head of Category (initial and annual cost downs). Drive the saving projects (TCO / Strategic cost management) in collaboration with site purchasing managers
- Negotiate competitive supply conditions in compliance with guidelines
- Ensure the contents of the master data are consistent and accurate
- Establish approved supplier lists and implement supply base reduction plan. Support project buyers to implement category strategy in the PCP-projects with respect to: supplier design-in, single/second sourcing, product life cycle pricing and Early Supplier Involvement Improve supplier performance and mitigate supply risk via risk assessment and mitigation plan
- Support Supplier Development Manager in the supplier release process and CoC compliance. Ensure that supplier development projects will be to the benefit of Danfoss
- Build internal stakeholder network to develop, explain and deploy the Category Strategies
- Ensure relationship mapping (internal/external), regular supplier performance reviews
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business or Engineering preferred – Masters Degree a plus!)
- Ideal candidate will have a passion for procurement as well as a strong drive and ambition to see and initiate year-over-year improvements
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Procurement or Category Management
- Ability to work in diverse cultural and geographic environments and adhere to highest ethical standards
- In addition, you are a proactive self-starter with high drive, ambition and a positive can-do attitude
- Prior experience working in a matrix environment - strong ability to successfully lead, persuade and influence all levels of personnel across the organization
- Strong command of English (German will be an advantage)
- Experience with metals is a plus!
What We Offer:
- Benefits (depends on the country)
- Short Term Intensive Bonus - paid upon company results, individual & team objectives accomplishment
- A global network with inspiring cooperation’s with other regions
- Unique job opportunity, where you will be able to put all your personal competences into play and develop your skills for a future career within Danfoss
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted.The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.