Management Accountant/Financial Controller
- Key role in an aspirational and progressive education environment
- Global affiliation of leading private / independent schools
- Permanent, full-time role in Copenhagen
OneSchool is a global affiliation of 22 privately registered schools with 175 campuses across 21 countries. Each school has an innovative approach to education that prides itself on having excellent facilities, motivated students and a very supportive community behind it.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Management Accountant to join OneSchool with a focus on supporting 12 campuses across Europe. Fluency in English and is a key part of this role, while French and German would be an added advantage. As part of a truly global school the role will also form part of the global Finance team and will connect with the other Finance professionals in the United Kingdom, North and South America, Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting to the Global Chief Financial Officer (based in Sydney), the Management Accountant will be responsible for providing financial expertise for the finance department and business overall and producing accurate and timely financial statements to ensure effective control and compliance obligations. This is a hands-on role, therefore the ability to work with detail while maintaining the bigger picture is critical.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Design and documentation of accounting policies and procedures;
- Financial budgeting and forecasting, throughout a complex multi-unit environment;
- Producing standardized, timely and accurate monthly management reports;
- Development of strong rapport with the business, demonstrating professional competence;
- Identification of change initiatives impacting on financial processes needs and advising solutions for the identified needs;
- Creation of strong internal working relationships with all OneSchool Global stakeholders.
We are seeking a Management Accountant with at least three plus years’ related experience, a tertiary qualification and a strong working knowledge of Accounting Information Systems (AIS), process improvement, and complex financial modelling. Financial leadership experience and a track record of positive change, together with demonstrable success in collaboration and coordination is essential, as is a positive, can-do attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience working in virtual and global teams would be an advantage.
Experience in education sector is desirable but however not essential. Candidates must be able to adapt quickly and bring with them experience of delivering in a multi-sited finance function. We are seeking candidates with strong relationship skills who are comfortable working in a diverse environment.
This is a brilliant opportunity to further enhance and develop your career in a fast paced and varied role within a growing organisation.
Please submit applications in English by clicking on the button below
Please note that, while all applications will be reviewed, only those who meet our criteria will be contacted.