Senior Designer for the Culture and Leadership Team
It’s an exciting time for Nordea. We have big ambitions and together we will create the future of banking. Nordea is the third largest corporation in the Nordic region and one of the top 10 financial services companies in Europe based on market capitalization We are present in 17 countries with more than 10 million personal customers and 677.000 corporate customers, where more than 30.000 employees do their best to ensure that Nordea is easy to deal with, anywhere and anytime, relevant and competent and a stable and trustworthy bank.
Nordea believes that there can be no business transformation without a human transformation as organizations do not change on their own; they change because people change. For things to change at Nordea, focus is on creating a culture of customer-centricity, trust, partnership, resilience and adaptability.
The banking industry is undergoing a significant change and as one of the leaders in this industry, Nordea has the opportunity to lead the way in shaping the future. We will be a digital, agile, efficient and value based bank that is known and admired for our people - as they - with their unique competencies and mindset - constantly raise the bar for how we can make a difference for our customers and for society at large.
Leading the way is only possible when we as human beings equally transform and grow – and this is how our culture is a key differentiator for our business. We want people to bring their best to and from work every day – together contributing, growing, and enjoying.
We will be a great place to work for those who are inspired to be led by our purpose of Together we lead the way enabling dreams and everyday aspirations for a greater good, and our values of Passion for our customers, Courage to do what is right, Collaboration for a common good, and Ownership it starts with me.
The Culture and Leadership team is responsible for designing the activities and products relating to the human transformation and mobilize these into the business in Nordea.
Our work, and ways of working are guided by a few key principles – we listen deeply to our stakeholders and take time to pause, connect, and reflect on what emerges to guide our work; we take ownership for our part in work and as members of the team and organization embracing that transformation starts with each of us; we hold an intention to integrate and move in synchronicity throughout the organization; and we are driven by enabling sustainable movement and change.
We are a small but highly dedicated core team but work agile and collaborate across organizational boundaries bringing together the right and relevant team for tasks.
Main responsibilities for the Senior Designer will be to:
- Take lead in designing relevant Culture and Leadership interventions to enable the transformation in Nordea through co-creation with business leaders and people across Nordea.
- This includes leadership programmes, community building activities for our 300 Senior and 4000 People Leaders, as well as interventions aimed at shifting mindset and habits with our 33.000 people; hereunder new People processes and Signature Practices embedding our Purpose and Values and Leadership Principles
- Collaborate closely with other parts of the transformation hereunder our colleagues in the COO organization and other CoEs in Group People, to ensure alignment and integration across the total transformation
- Equip our Facilitators of Transformation, People Business Partners and the full People Organization to facilitate and operationalize the various interventions
- Coach and develop C&L team members
The position as Senior Designer in C&L should ideally be based in Copenhagen where the Centre of Excellence is primarily located. We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different nationalities, genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Who are you
Above and beyond all you are a Purpose lead and Values guided leader of whatever or whoever you lead. And you transform others and organizations through your leadership.
This means you have a high capacity and learning agility, and the right balance of being both conceptual and strategically strong and a pragmatic executor “Thinking like a doer and acting like a thinker”. You understand the importance of leading from within, continuously working with your own mindset shifts as a leader as well as being able to facilitate mindset shifts with others both through 1-1 interactions and the interventions we implement.
You are here because of passion to unlock potential in others and the organization - for the common good for Nordea and all our stakeholders. And you move beyond traditional organizational boundaries, mobilizing the right people to serve our customers and all our stakeholders with sustainable impact.
- Relevant culture transformation design experience, preferably from a company going through a transformation with similar complexity and pace as Nordea
- Thrive in an adaptive learning environment with the ability to hold the tension and stay resilient and resourceful throughout volatility, uncertainty, ambiguity and complexity
- A thought leader with functional expertise in Culture and Leadership to be a good sparring partner to Head of C&L and all collaboration partners and drive functional excellence in the team while at the same time be unattached to your expertise and always in a learning mindset to serve what is emerging
- Superb project management skills
- Strong partnership-focus and
- A natural integrator and connector of people and dots.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Executive Talent Acquisition Manager Nina Schjødt at email@example.com.
Please submit your application no later than May 18, 2018 by using our online application form.