Planning & Capacity Manager
BESTSELLER e-commerce is about to start one of our largest strategic logistics initiatives and therefor looking for a Planning & Capacity Manager to take an important role in this exciting and international project. This is a great opportunity for a logical thinker with strong background in capacity planning and supply chain where you will have a high impact on the future of our operations.
Who we are
Our team of 170+ colleagues from over 40 countries work to create exciting fashion experiences – whenever, wherever. We have high standards and expectations for our team and are always looking for passionate and business-oriented people. We are very proud of our culture and international environment where we care for each other, while always pushing to grow and get better at what we do.
The role and department
We are currently planning the largest strategic initiative in BESTSELLER E-Commerce; the implementation of a dedicated logistics centre in Poland and ensuring the capability to run it. As the Planning and Capacity Manager you will join the Operations team and report directly to Head of Operations.
You will be accountable for ensuring that capacity meets business growth and that E-Commerce Operations has a strong performance framework providing performance measurement of all activities in terms of cost, quality, throughput, inventory and service. You will liaise with 3rd party logistics provider to review, revise, set and define new targets as with peer colleagues.
- Build, define and maintain the fulfilment planning and capacity management framework
- Define requirements for operations performance framework, roadmap implementation and prioritisation and deliver, present and analyse needed reporting with comments for management,
- Run ongoing dialogue with the 3PL planning team and the BSE demand planning team to ensure constant synchronization and alignment
- Partner with 3PL and site management to identify improvement areas and actionable outcomes
- As the Planning & Capacity area develop you will also manage a small team
Location: You will be based in our main e-commerce office in Amsterdam with travel to our warehouse location in Goleniow Poland and Danish headquarters in Brande. You will be required to travel 20-30 days/year.
- Experience as a head of planning or management accountant professional in an e-commerce fulfilment environment (production planning or warehouse)
- Strong supply chain understanding and solid knowledge of forecasting, capacity planning and activity based management
- Expert knowledge of leveraging various data sources, data warehouses to provide single version of the truth establishing automated and accurate reporting
- Bachelor degree or relevant higher qualifications in logistics or Business administration
- Proficient at high level with Excel and comfortable in dealing with large amounts of data
As the Planning and Capacity Manager you will work together with 3rd party logistics providers and strong internal stakeholders so interpersonal, organisation and stakeholder management skills are key. You need to be a strategic thinker, critical planner and possess strong time management skills and handle priority changes with a flexible and professional approach. Since this role is essential to the operational excellence and the strategic projects, strong communication and facilitation skills are also of great importance.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Elin Akerstrom on telephone +31625230722. We handle applications on an ongoing basis, so please send us your application and CV as soon as possible.
About BESTSELLER E-commerce
More than 15,000 people work at BESTSELLER worldwide.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975, providing fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, JUNAROSE, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT, Y.A.S, ADPT and more. Products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multibrand and department stores. For more information, visit http://www.bestseller.com. The multi brand company of BESTSELLER is selling through more than 3000 retail stores and globally through E-commerce. The entrepreneurial spirit back in 1975 is still very much alive, and that is why BESTSELLER recently decided to relocate its E-commerce headquarter in Amsterdam.