(Senior) Transaction Management Officer
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Transaction Management and Restructuring Directorate (TMR) - Transaction Management Department (TM) – Project Finance Division (PF) - Transport, Health and Education (THE) Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Transaction Management Officer
This is a full or part time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of June / beginning of July 2018.
Continuously monitor the financial aspects and compliance of signed EIB lending operation in an assigned portfolio – including contractual review and review of counterparts and operations, assessment of compliance with contractual terms, identification of appropriate action in case of deterioration and deviations, and participation in the renegotiation of existing contracts - in order to contribute to the stability and solidity of the Bank’s portfolio of outstanding loans and to the achievement of the EIB objectives.
Specific post environment
TMR monitors counterparts and financial contracts and acts on contractual events under its responsibility, as well as on distressed transactions in order to protect the EIB’s financial interest and reputation. The Directorate is responsible for the financial monitoring, event resolution, divestment and restructuring of (i) EU and non-EU debt counterparts, (ii) equity funds, equity-type and subordinated instruments after disbursement/investment or signature, as applicable (iii) EU and non-EU private sector distressed transactions. TMR is also responsible for developing and updating Bank-wide Financial Monitoring guidelines.
Under the supervision of the Head of PF Division and the Head of the THE Unit, the successful candidate will cooperate closely with other Directorates across the Bank, in particular with the Origination, Project, Legal and Risk Management teams and with the other Divisions in TMR, notably the Restructuring & Resolutions (TMR/TM/RR) to which distressed cases are transferred. S/he will also have external contact with counterparts, other transaction stakeholders, corporates, syndicate agents, co-lenders, external advisors and sector experts.
- Independently carry out, according to an agreed program, reviews of project finance transactions, assess their credit standing as well as their compliance with contracts
- Identify and negotiate whenever required of resolution of standard to complex post signature events
- Monitor the related contracts, ensuring compliance with the protective clauses included in the loan documentation
- Handle client contacts, including organising and participating in financial monitoring visits
- Propose solutions/remedies to contractual breaches and participate in their implementation, working with colleagues in other EIB Directorates and with external co-financiers as appropriate
- Perform ad hoc reviews, as necessary, in response to external market activity
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with RM/OPE, OPS, JU, PJ and other Directorates/Directorates, as well as with TMR divisions, in particular RR;
- Contribute to the Division’s regular reports, in particular Watch List reports
- Check and, when necessary, update in a timely and accurate manner the data related to own portfolio in the Bank’s IT systems
- Closely follow on-going developments in the relevant industry sector(s), and specific EIB counterparts in the sector
- Represent the unit/division in working groups when requested by Head of Unit/Head of Division.
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Law, Finance or Economics, ideally supplemented by post-graduate studies and/or training in Project Finance
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience gained in project finance from a structuring, origination, negotiation, credit, transaction monitoring or legal background
- Ability to address waivers and amendments of contractual clauses
- Understanding of the EU institutional and political framework in which the Bank operates
- Knowledge of the Bank's standard computer tools, particularly Excel, GED, Serapis and PiRat would be an advantage
- Experience and advanced knowledge of Excel and/or other financial monitoring systems and techniques is required
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*). A knowledge of German or Finnish (or other Nordic language) would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in order to contribute to presentations of topics which may be in the interest of other colleagues or Bank’s services, when requested by Head of Unit/Head of Division
- Experience in horizontal activities/working groups aiming at contributing to the implementation of procedures and best banking practices or in projects around the development of new tools, supporting the monitoring activity, would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 25th May 2018
For more information on how to apply, please click the apply button.
(*) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.