Research Associate to strengthen Quality Control
Glycom A/S is a young and vibrant Danish biotechnology company focused on the production of human milk oligosaccharides and their applications in human health. We are a leader in this field and have an ambitious program to develop a deeper, applied understanding of the benefits of human milk oligosaccharides in human health. The company’s R+D facility is located in Hørsholm and employs a successful team of 30+ scientists with international background and specialized know-how in biotechnology, carbohydrate chemistry and human biology.
Glycom’s R&D team is now looking for a Research Associate with experience in HPLC and/or related analytical techniques to strengthen the Quality Control group. You are a person with a positive approach, used to working in an organized and targeted manner, possess a strong will to acquire knowledge in new areas and enjoy working in an international environment. You are a strong holder of communication skills, a team player but also capable of working independently.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Performance of daily analysis of our products, stability study samples, novel research compounds and in process control samples, including operation of HPLC and HPAEC
- Isolation of impurities by preparative HPLC
- Analytical method development and validation
- Qualification and maintenance of HPLC and HPAEC instruments in cooperation with the suppliers’ service departments
- Sample registration, result entry, analysis and process definition in LIMS system
- Maintain compliance of analysis and documentation to regulatory standards.
The ideal candidate
- Holds a Bachelor or is a trained Laboratory Technician with several years of work experience in the field of Analytical Chemistry
- Is familiar with analytical methods such as analytical/preparative HPLC and experienced in their application
- Works precise and accurate, keeps clear records in workbooks corresponding to the requirement of a quality control analytical laboratory
- Is a passionate experimentalist still enjoying working full time in the laboratories
- Capable of identifying and adapting new analytical methods valuable for our purposes
- Speaks English fluently and has strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with colleagues of many nationalities
- Is naturally enthusiastic and have a profound wish to become part of one of the most innovative and dynamic companies in Denmark
- Experience from working with characterization and analyses of carbohydrates, the use of Chromeleon chromatography data system and LIMS systems are advantages.
Salary and terms of employment
Salary in accordance with your qualifications. Permanent position.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com referring to “Research Associate to R&D Quality Control” and kindly indicate your earliest availability.
For more information please contact Benjamin Podanyi, QC Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 6151 1136.
Application deadline: 25th of May, 2018