Nutrition Scientist, Pediatric nutrition
Are you ready to apply your expert knowledge about how nutrition affects infant development? And would you like to put your competencies into play in the intersection where science meets the business? Join Arla Foods Ingredients (AFI) in Aarhus, an independent company within the Arla Foods Group, with an ambition to become the true global leader in value-added whey.
You will become part of the business area Pediatric within AFI, which is responsible for development, marketing and sales of ingredients to the infant formula and pediatric nutrition industry. You will be joining a team of three highly skilled pediatric nutrition scientists, who secure the nutritional evidence supporting our sales into this segment. Furthermore, your position will engage with an extensive network of professional stakeholders in Arla Food Ingredients incl. Pediatric, R&D, Application Science, Regulatory and Marketing.
You secure our nutritional evidence for marketing concepts
As Nutrition Scientist it will be your mission to support the business by securing the scientific evidence on ingredients targeted for pediatric nutrition. We will be counting on you to develop and deliver scientific support of ingredients and concepts targeting the pediatric nutrition industry. Your area of responsibility will be closely linked to the influence of nutrition in the early years of life like maternal nutrition, complementary and toddler nutrition. Specifically, your responsibilities will be:
- Staying informed and updated on scientific evidence on early life nutrition and ingredients targeted for pediatric nutrition (through literature reviews, participation in relevant conferences etc.)
- Develop and contribute to our product and concept pipeline with scientific validated marketing material
- Provide nutritional guidance on application projects linked to pediatric nutrition
- Support the sales organization with nutritional insights
- Participate in customer meetings to share your insights with their nutrition scientist
- Provide direction to the AFI research strategy based on business unit Pediatric documentation focus
- Support the business through infant formula calculations based on our developed recipe system
- Contribute to generic marketing material for the business unit Pediatric
- Coordinate pediatric activities on the AFI web
Externally, we will be relying on you to further strengthen our collaborative network within the leading academia within your area of responsibility to secure AFI is on the forefront of the science.
Skilled Scientist with nutrition background and good communication skills
You hold a Master’s degree or a PhD within Nutrition or the like. This means that you are experienced in producing scientific evidence and understand how nutrition affects early infant development. You use your scientific approach and background to bring nutrition evidence forward and consequently support the sales of our ingredients. Furthermore, you are capable of identifying the essence of complex nutritional science and communicate it to both specialist and non-specialist. You have excellent cooperation skills, and it comes natural to you to manoeuvre in a major matrix organisation building relations to colleagues. Last but not least, you are proficient in both written and spoken English.
You should expect approx. 20 travelling days with the purpose of visiting customers presenting the scientific evidence, join conferences and collaboration projects with academia.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May18th and include Reference number: 50382. For additional information, please call Anne Staudt Kvistgaard, Head of Nutrition science, Pediatric at +45 8938 1196. Please state in your application where you have seen the advertisement.