Account Manager - BTC Nordic – Human Nutrition & Pharma Nordic
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The more than 115,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
BASF A/S supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions and plastics and polyurethanes systems.
For BTC Europe GmbH, BASF’s distribution Sales unit, we are now seeking an Account Manager Nordic, taking care of the Human Nutrition and Pharma market.
What you can expect
Within the Human Nutrition and Pharma Sales unit, you will support the achievement of the business objectives in line with the Food and Pharma Ingredients Strategy according to BASF's values and principles.
Besides managing the assigned customer portfolio in line with provided 'Go-to-Market' strategy and securing the existing business, you will strive for growth opportunities and therefore prepare, negotiate and conclude business agreements. You will also:
- Contribute to the Food Ingredients Growth Strategy with special focus on Health and you will identify new national and international customers and business opportunities.
- Be responsible for reaching ambitious turnover and profit targets and you will take care of a professional after sales together with the customer service department.
- Manage customer relationships, maintain or develop knowledge about the customer organization and build strong relationships with key decision makers on various customer functions & levels.
- With focus on reporting, volume planning and forecasting, you will use existing tools for customer visit reports, contract management and the budget process in an accurate and timely manner.
- As sparring partner for your customers, you have the technical knowhow to give in-depth product and application information and provide your customers with advice.
- Coordinate and communicate internally with all stakeholders and drive actions and decisions including the distribution of market information as well as competitive intelligence into the organization.
- Prepare and conduct innovation projects with customers to foster long-term growth opportunities.
- Identify innovation opportunities, prepare a solution and develop the implementation.
What we expect
- Successful completion of master studies in science (nutritional science, engineering science), in business administration or a comparable discipline.
- Several years of experience in a commercial function, ideally in sales of raw materials to the food industry. Experience in food ingredients and pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Relationship builder with strong communication skills and excellent negotiation and account management skills.
- Entrepreneurial team player with results-oriented approach who can also work independently.
- Fluency in English.
- You must be willing to travel, as there will be frequent travel throughout the Nordic countries and Europe.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
How to apply:
The recruitment is handled by INCIPIA. Please send your application and CV to Hasse Steenbuch / INCIPIA marked “Account Manager – Human Nutrition & Pharma” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply as soon as possible. We will evaluate incoming application on a continuous basis.
For more information, please contact:
Hasse Steenbuch at INCIPIA
Tel.: +45 40106280
E-mail: email@example.comYou can read more at www.BASF.com or follow us at Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Expect to be surprised by the exciting range of career opportunities at BASF