Join the BASF team! We are looking for graduates who stand out as a result of their personality and expertise, and who want the possibility of building a future career in a global company.
Our graduate program offers ambitious graduates an exciting entry opportunity in the Nordics & Baltics with a 18 to 24 month rotation program starting 1 September 2018.
Right from the start, you will be working with challenging tasks in a diverse and international environment. Throughout your graduate program you will be exposed to different areas of the organization and get to work with professional and inclusive colleagues, who will help you develop your skills for a future career with us.
As part of the program, you will gain experience from working in another country for 3 to 6 months, and you will assume responsibility for your own real value-adding project.
You will be assigned a mentor from our Nordic/Baltic Leadership Team, who will help you build a career with BASF and guide you on how best to achieve your goals. The outcome of your discussions will be captured in your development plan. Frequent reviews with your manager and HR manager will also be part of your development plan.
Our aim is to train and develop you for a future role with BASF, and when your program is coming to an end we will assess your performance and let you know, if you are ready for a career with us.
What you can expect
For this role, we are looking for a market oriented Chemical Engineer. You will be based at our Rødekro site which represents BASF’s Construction Chemicals Division – a global Business Unit providing solutions for the construction & civil engineering industries.
As part of your program, you will be trained and obtain in depth understanding of concrete formulations, and how our admixtures can improve, change and succeed existing systems and products. This requires a sustainability mindset, and an understanding of technical value selling to our customers is important. The main activities in your rotation plan will be:
- Attend concrete courses and training in formulation development for admixtures.
- Develop new formulations together with our Laboratory and work with problem solving and commissioning and dosing of new formulations and solutions in cooperation with the technical personnel at our customers’ production sites.
- Assist Sales and visit customers together with the colleagues in Sales to gain experience and understanding of technical value selling to customers.
- Support the Technical Manager in Rødekro.
What we expect
- Master’s Degree.
- Fluency in one of the Nordic languages and excellent English skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Open-minded, flexible and culturally agile.
- Is mobile and interested in European or global roles after the program.
- A potential and ambition to become a future leader in BASF.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation we enable our customer in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society.