Senior Market Risk Manager
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a Senior Risk Manager, you will be a senior member of the Counterparty Risk Management team. The team ensures that Nordea's Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) is well understood and managed across the group. This includes Securities Financing Transactions and the market risks associated with derivative xVAs.
In Group Risk Management and Control unit, we as a Counterparty Risk Management must provide challenge and escalation on activities within the firm that impact the quality of the risk management and control framework. In addition, we are setting the priorities and agenda for CCR as both lead business owner and IMM Model Owner.
What you will be doing:
- Challenging trading desks and trading management on portfolio, position and transaction risks
- Maintaining appropriate risk appetite and limit framework
- Ensuring risk completeness and accuracy
- Challenging capital and pricing frameworks
- Ensuring regulatory and governance compliance and control.
- Being second line of defence risk management associated with counterparty credit risk, providing independent challenge to the business and supporting the risk management of legal entities through which business is conducted
- Having oversight of new product approvals, economic and regulatory capital models, model validations and regulatory relations for counterparty credit risk management
- Being involved in analysis and interpretation of key regulatory requirements
- Leading and contributing to the relevant projects, working groups and committees related to derivatives risk management
- Contributing to the embedding of a risk based culture, coaching, influencing and challenging all colleagues to take personal accountability for risk based decision making.
Copenhagen is the preferred location for the role, however other core locations will be considered. The team embrace the Nordea values and operate with integrity and without boundaries to deliver a robust risk management context.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You have a great counterparty credit or market risk experience you can work cross borders within a complex and fast moving organization. You have an excellent stakeholder management skill, you feel comfortable in front of senior professionals and you are an advocate of the importance of a risk culture within the bank.
- Proven experience in operating within a financial markets role, risk management, trading, structuring, middle office, finance, quants etc.
- Preferably 3 years+ experience in Risk Management role
- Broad financial products knowledge with prior professional experience analysing/modelling derivatives in a risk, trading, or research capacity
- Up-to-date working knowledge of regulatory requirements and future changes, specifically those emanating from Basel and European regulatory authorities
- Good knowledge of financial products is essential, including an understanding of risk representations and a solid understanding of the modelled risk metrics for counterparty credit risk
- Excellent collaboration skills and great written and verbal communication skills
- Great cultural awareness and also a dynamic approach, willing to take on extra responsibilities when required
- Fluency in English – Nordea official language is English
- High ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy
- Candidate is likely to have an excellent academic background, including an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 21 May 2018 to send us your application.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.