Head of Projects, Operations & Planning for Milestone Systems’ global marketing
Enable global scalability and continued development across Marketing with a close link to the business
Can you drive focus and results through cross unit marketing planning, management of complex projects and agile-inspired marketing programs that scale far beyond our own company?
As Head of Projects, Operations & Planning you are highly visible in Milestone with room to make a real impact. You work across marketing departments, sales and products to facilitate efficient marketing planning linked closely to the business strategy. Business understanding, business development and strategy is engrained in your way of thinking, and combined with your excellent stakeholder management skills this positions you well to plan for and drive the future.
You also give direction to the marketing programs for partner marketing and marketing automation and own the cross-team toolbox that enables all teams to develop and drive innovative, bold and scalable marketing programs.
A part of our marketing efforts consists of long-lasting building blocks in which we focus our investments. The continued operation and maintenance of these are also your responsibility. Examples are the localization framework, newsletter setup and campaign kit.
Success comes from delivering within the following main areas
- You facilitate an efficient marketing planning process across functions, based on a solid marketing and business strategy understanding and a forward-thinking mindset. You ensure that the overall marketing plan progresses and is in good shape.
- You drive the annual, cross departmental operational cadence. This includes manager meetings and all-hands marketing meetings, marketing budget planning, the objective setting process and more.
- You ensure that the complex projects managed by your department run as planned.
- You involve and manage cross-industry stakeholders to ensure the deliveries make a significant difference to our business.
- You drive marketing’s competence development on cross-functional topics utilizing internal and external subject matter experts within areas such as stakeholder management, change management, business model planning, sales excellence, product knowledge and business data.
- You set the direction the for the marketing programs for partner marketing and marketing automation, applied through a highly scalable partner model, and help build business cases to support investments that go beyond the given frame.
- You inspire, grow and manage the people in your own department – currently a team of four full-time employees and an intern. The team consists of both senior and junior professionals looking for a mix of sparring, empowerment and guidance.
Job requirements and qualifications
- Experience from a global marketing environment, preferably with both HQ and regional/local roles in IT or hi-tech B2B companies
- Marketing at a Master’s level with a strong business understanding and experience in working with a global partner ecosystem or in a platform business model
- Curious to discover new opportunities and facilitate forward-thinking plans. Sees through complex problems, uses data to gain insight, looks for root causes and translates symptoms into logical solutions
- Drives real results through sharp prioritization and scoping, stakeholder management, securing of resources and dedicated support to the teams executing
- Establish and drive a KPI-framework to track results across marketing activities, allowing us to continuously tune our efforts further
- Excels at stakeholder management at all levels with strong presentation skills and a fluent business English
- Grow your people using your solid track record as a proven and valued people manager, preferably with experience from management across cultures and in virtual teams
- You are a team player, curious and open-minded, proactive, confident when taking decisions, deliver as promised and have a good sense of humor.
The Head of Projects, Operations & Planning reports to the VP Marketing and is part of the marketing leadership team. The location for this role is our headquarters in Brøndby near Copenhagen, Denmark. Travel is estimated to 5-8 weeks per year.
Welcome to Milestone Systems
You will be part of a market leading, ambitious and vibrant company in rapid growth. We are the market leading provider of video management software, a technology that helps the world see how to ensure safety, protect assets and increase business efficiency. We enable an open platform community of partners driving collaboration and innovation together.
Our entrepreneurial spirit ensures that two days are not alike and that most dreams are possible when orchestrated well. To succeed on a bigger scale, we build the structures we need as we grow. We find values and empowerment more important than rules, and embrace diversity and collaboration based on openness and curiosity. We invest in our employees and our leaders and have a partner-first approach to business.
Please note that this position requires a valid Danish work visa and that it is not open to external recruitment firms and staffing companies.
If you have any questions related to the position, please contact VP Marketing Kirsten Højland or HR Business Partner Karina Walhovd +45 8830 0300.
We look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible.
All applications must be in English.
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.