Business Development Manager, Incubation & Acquisitions
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers’ business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Business Development Manager, Incubation & Acquisitions, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager in our Scouting & Exploration team who will work across a number of key areas.
The Scouting & Exploration team is part of Novozymes’ New Business Development, Incubation & Acquisitions (NBD, I&A) unit, which delivers rapid and radical growth opportunities for Novozymes. The unit’s work covers a range of activities including organic growth initiatives, line extensions, acquisitions and investments. Within NBD, I&A, the Scouting & Exploration’s team primary responsibilities are to identify and mature promising new business and technology opportunities for Novozymes. We work with a diverse range of internal stakeholders and external innovators to find and create meaningful opportunities and also aim to ensure Novozymes continued relevance in key markets, technologies, and other areas of relevance in industrial biotechnology.
In this position you will identify and create strong internal buy-in for exciting new growth areas Novozymes should pursue, and you will execute on these opportunities undertaking early stage business-building and maturation activities.
- Negotiate and secure key partnerships in priority areas,
- Help structure and manage Novozymes’ collaborations with these partners,
- Deliver successful MVPs (minimum viable products) to validate new concepts, and
- Work with Novozymes’ Research & Technology (R&T) organization to drive strong and successful engagement with key external innovation environments.
The position is located in Bagsvaerd near Copenhagen and you will report to the Director of Scouting & Exploration.
The job requires up to 20% travel per year.
In this position you need:
- MSc and/or PhD in a life science-related field
- 3+ years of experience working in a top-tier management consultancy
- Proven track record of relevant industry experience in life sciences and/or biotechnology desirable
- Strong, independent problem-solving skills
- Curiosity and a desire to push the boundaries on what’s possible
- An entrepreneurial and owner-type attitude
- Versatility, effectiveness across a range of very different tasks, and comfort in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate across diverse stakeholder groups
- Excellent oral and written English skills
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Ranked #2 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2017.
For more information please contact Head of Scouting & Exploration, Kartik Dharmadhikari, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: May 28, 2018. As we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis, please send your application online as soon as possible.
Please attach your diploma(s) when you apply for the job.