The International Woodland Company A/S (IWC), headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and with regional offices in Melbourne, Australia and North Carolina, United States, is seeking an Analyst, with programing knowledge, to join its team in Copenhagen. IWC was founded in 1991 and is today a global provider of natural resources investment related services to pension funds, insurance companies, and other institutional clients.
You will join a team comprised of investment foresters, agriculture specialists, economists, due diligence managers, portfolio managers, and more, who jointly, on behalf of our clients, oversee global natural resources investments valued at USD 5.3 billion. The new Analyst position will have a key role in improving and developing IWC's investment management system based on the eFront platform as well as financial modeling and analysis.
Your specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Portfolio analytics, including measuring overall performance and investment KPis, evaluating risk, style, and characteristics for multiple portfolios, as well as participate in cash flow forecasting for IWC's discretionary and non-discretionary mandates.
- Develop and update specific in-house financial models.
- Program and develop reports and dashboards in eFront.
- Streamline SQL data extraction into Excel-based tools and models.
- Gather, analyze, and identify trends of specific datasets.
- Further develop IWC's database.
- Ad hoc analyses, client requests, technical support, and research.
The position will require that you join the team in Copenhagen. No travel is expected.
Your qualifications and experience
IWC's ideal candidate has:
- Relevant higher education related to financial analysis, with an IT-focused twist
- Preferably between two and five years of experience within quantitative analyses but recent graduates are also encouraged to apply
- An interest in programming and possibly an interest in financial markets
- Experience with SQL programming
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office package, especially in Excel and VBA programming
- Knowledge of FrontScript (4GL), would be a plus, but is nota requirement
- Fluency in both written and verbal English
We expect you to have great interpersonal skills and a positive mindset. You en joy worldng in a team as well as independently. You value quality and can prioritize important tasks. You are not afraid of challenges, contributing to internal discussions and you adapt to new situations and tasks quickly.
Your application' s documents should clearly show:
- Professional experience
- University degree
- Advanced MS Office skills, in particular Excel and VBA
- Proficiency in English
What we offer
We offer you a challenging job with prospects for development in a company where we have a positive and dedicated attitude. You will be part of an international team with various educational backgrounds.
Gross salarywill be competitive, dependent upon qualifications, experience, and IWC's salary system.
Commencement date is as soon as possible and practical.
How to apply?
Cover letter, CV, and relevant enclosures should be in English and sent by e-mail to Henrik Lundqvist.
Closing date for application is June 13, 2018.