Manager Sourcing Projects (m/f)
Danfoss Power Solutions - a world-class provider of mobile hydraulics for the construction, agriculture, and other off-highway vehicle markets - is a segment of the Danfoss Group and provides the power our changing world needs to thrive.
Do you want to be part of the exciting world of electrification to help create efficient electric drive solutions for our customers in the mobile Off-Highway and marine markets? Are you interested in being a vital part of our new Business Unit Mobile Electrification? Then this new role should be of interest to you!
We are currently looking for a Manager (m/f) Sourcing Projects located in Neumuenster/Germany, Nordborg/Denmark or Lappeenranta/Finland. In this role you will have the end-to-end responsibility to lead, manage, and facilitate Procurement Projects to develop new suppliers as well as qualify existing Danfoss supplier for new components. This includes successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of the projects.
- Performing all supplier communication and negotiation
- Benchmarking of new component and subsystem suppliers for ME products
- Providing high level of understanding in motor and drives technology
- Initiating and driving sourcing projects in close cooperation with engineering and manufacturing departments
- Running cost down projects at suppliers for components/systems to match customer expectations and market demands
- Giving input to company innovation and product road map according to supplier process and technology capabilities
- Continuously developing knowledge towards the changing component market and customer needs
- Developing a team of supplier development engineers to support ME suppliers on site
- Giving expert support for field test and troubleshooting to Technical Services
- Providing input to determine the price of an Electric Vehicle System solutions (incl. development effort)
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to detail
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication and personal relationship skills
- Entrepreneurial thinking, highly motivated and self-driven
- Intercultural competency incl. ability to work in an international team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated customer-oriented thinking
- Energetic, willing to find compromises between multiple and sometimes conflicting interests
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Power Electronics, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering
- Expertise in strategic sourcing of components for electric drives systems (especially inverters, electric motors and generators)
- 5+ years of hands on experience with electric drive train components (e-machines and inverters)
- Global project management experience
- Knowledge about existing Danfoss supplier portfolio
- Professional English skills (verbal + written)
- Willingness to travel (20-30%)
For further information about the position please contact Eva Isselstein, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at +49 461 4301 4623.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed once we have found the right candidate.