Associate Director, CLICK - Information Services & Archive
Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the areas of reproductive medicine & women’s health, urology and gastroenterology, we develop medicine on the body's own terms. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
Would you like to join us in a challenging position as Head of CLICK?
Information Services & Archive, CLICK, consists of two sub-functions handling and providing access to external and internal information, respectively.
- Library and Information Services (4 team members) provide all Ferring employees worldwide with access to relevant information resources and with information services such as search expertise/-assistance and scientific publications surveillance
- Ferring Central Archive (2 team members) is responsible for compliant archiving of Ferring’s business critical documentation
Physically, we are based at Ferring’s International PharmaScience Centre in Ørestad, Copenhagen.
We are looking for an associate director to lead the department. You will head a small team of specialists strongly dedicated to providing the best possible information- and archiving services to our colleagues worldwide.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To manage CLICK as a global function, ensuring best practice information- and archiving services to all our colleagues
- To manage CLICK’s budget, including negotiating contracts with external vendors and handling the invoicing process
- To develop new services to our colleagues in accordance with Ferring’s business strategy and mission
- In relation to archiving, to ensure compliance with external regulations (GxP, GDPR) as well as internal procedures
- Development, training and promotion of the information services provided by CLICK.
- To act as people manager of a team of highly competent specialists, including employee development initiatives
The ideal candidate:
- Either has a degree in natural sciences followed by experience in the information services – or management field; or has a degree in Library & Information Science combined with experience from the life-science industry or an equivalent setting (e.g. a university library)
- Has at least two years’ experience as a manager of an information management department, preferably in a research-based organization
- Always maintains a strong customer focus and an international mindset
- Possesses excellent stakeholder management skills, is naturally outspoken and is able to represent the department in any organizational setting
- Has excellent negotiation skills
- Possesses good leadership skills with a vision to further develop the department in line with customer needs and Ferring’s strategic objectives
Moreover, you are a team player and enjoy working in a global setting with different cultures.
Expected start date 1 August 2018. For additional information, please contact Jens Ekelund on +45 28 78 76 41. Please send your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 31 May 2018