Risk Manager with compliance expertise
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Risk Manager in Personal Banking Denmark you will be responsible for supporting the department in managing its non-financial risks. Your focus will be on compliance risk as well as in developing the risk culture.
We expect you to be the advisor who provides excellent advice on compliance risks as well as you are expected to facilitate risk management activities and deliver high-quality reporting to executive management.
Your focus in the role is to:
- Provide high quality analysis and decision-making proposals to the relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate and anchor our approach with executive management
- Take the lead on and drive the implementation of compliance risk management activities
- Build relationships and partner up with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the value chain, both nationally and internationally, to effectively address open compliance risks
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and group directives and identify the need for adjusting processes and procedures to maintain compliance
- Identify trends and best practice within the financial industry to support Personal Banking in meeting its strategic targets
The role is based in Copenhagen.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in living our purpose and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
We expect that you bring extensive experience and judgment call to plan and accomplish goals, combined with a strong interest in being a driver for the activities and initiatives. We also expect that you thrive playing a central role in driving risk related changes as well as ensuring focus on continuously creation of great customer experience.
In a rapidly changing risk environment, we expect that you can quickly pick up new knowledge and show strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to perform across many complex tasks.
- High working capacity
- Solid track record
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence and present ideas to stakeholders including executive management
- You are self-motivated and able to work independently
- You take on responsibilities as well as being engaged and committed being a team player
- A formal Compliance background
- Spoken and written English on a superior level is required
- Spoken and written Danish on a superior level is required
- Masters degree in Law
Some traveling can be expected.
You have until 31 May 2018 to send us your application.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Bjørn Wegener, firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.