Experienced molecular biologist (Responsible Scientist)
Unilabs is seeking an experienced molecular biologist (Cand. Scient), who can be Responsible Scientist for our molecular Serving Pharma service at our site in Copenhagen.
Unilabs is a preferred Bioanalytical Laboratory Partner to the Pharma Industry in all phases of drug development – and a leader in precision medicine testing for therapeutic drug monitoring, with specialized laboratories in several European countries and provides analyses used for non-clinical and clinical studies as well as companion diagnostics testing.
Unilabs Copenhagen is central Center of Excellence (CoE) and main responsible for our Serving Pharma projects across Unilabs Europe. Our CoE’s are divided in different disciplines/methods; Imaging, Flowcytrometry, Immunoassays, Metabolism, Pathology, and Molecular Biology.
At our site in Copenhagen we provide immunoassay testing of drugs and anti-drug antibodies in a variety of matrices, testing of biomarkers, and qPCR testing used for e.g. detection of disease associated SNPs/mutations, expression level of RNAs and detection of viral DNA in CSF samples. In order to meet our customers’ needs we are now expanding the service in Copenhagen to include NGS analyses.
Your primary tasks will include:
- To be the scientific lead in implementation of our upcoming Serving Pharma NGS facility in Copenhagen in collaboration with our Diagnostic NGS facility in Switzerland.
- Responsible Scientist for molecular analyses in current and upcoming projects e.g. Companion Diagnostics and Clinical studies.
- Development or transfer of methods and method validation in accordance with regulatory guidelines and scientific papers.
- Scientific collaboration with customers to ensure regulatory compliance of analyses in clinical studies.
- Equipment qualification and support of computer software validation.
- To evaluate new request, support cost calculations and find the best solutions for our customers.
- Write and maintain SOPs for analytical and scientist procedures.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Documented solid experience with NGS and qPCR (hands on experience preferred) incl. data analysis and reporting.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience
- IT skills at the super user level of analytical software
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Have strong English language skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Candidates with working experience from a regulated environment (GLP, GCP, GMP or ISO) will be preferred.
- Experience with other methods will be an advantage.
Please send you application and CV by clicking “Apply online" below before June 3rd. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Kristine Bøje Carstensen at +45 3374 3000.
Headquartered in Geneva, Unilabs is a privately-backed medical diagnostics business that aspires to be at the heart and start of all effective treatment decisions. With operations in 15 countries (12 in Europe, 1 in Latin America, 2 in the Middle East), Unilabs is positioned as a leading diagnostics company with one of the broadest geographic footprints in Europe. Unilabs received the Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic Industry Market Leadership Award in EU in 2017.
Unilabs a.s. is located in Copenhagen and has approximately 55 employees. The Danish entity focuses on servicing customers in the Health Care and Pharmaceutical market. The business in the pharmaceutical market provides bioanalytical services and support for clinical development studies sponsored by local and global pharma clients.