Logistics Manager – Pet Food Ingredients
The objectives are clear, and the future ambitions are high for BHJ A/S. Based in the Company Headquarter in Graasten, you will be heading the Shipping & Logistics Department and work in close cooperation with Operations, Sales, Production Planning and other colleagues from many different countries, and a large number of external stakeholders. You will report to the Business Unit Director, Anne Marie Hansen, in this very lean and flat organization.
The right candidate has solid experience with international shipping, import and export, and has a strong insight regarding documentation, customs and compliance regarding international logistics. The position will be an important part of BHJ's Supply Chain, and will optimize a complex value chain of logistics and operations regarding temperature-controlled, international shipping/transports and warehousing, and will set up guidelines to ensure optimal logistics performance in cooperation with relevant suppliers, forwarding agents and various transportation companies to carry our products safely and swiftly from supplier to customer.
Key Focus Areas:
- General task execution and optimization of the entire supply chain of the business focusing on optimal performance, warehouse turnover rates, in- and outbound logistics /shipping and analytical, data driven insight in potential competitive advantages
- Contract negotiations with key stakeholders and suppliers, primarily regarding logistics and warehouses
- Setup of precise guidelines for logistics services in terms of compliance regarding selection of logistics providers for import/export, loading and delivery deadlines, exchange of departure and arrival information and correct documentation in accordance with customers’ needs
- Handling of suppliers, transportation/shipping companies and warehouses to optimise operations in compliance with client’s terms and conditions
- Ensure that the team is fully up to date and knowledgeable about status on transports and products
- Act as sparring partner for team experts on customs/licenses issues
- To motivate your team and cooperate with colleagues, especially the sales and purchasing team, ensuring performance is maintained at agreed Company standards.
- Educated at degree level or equivalent (ideally shipping/logistics bias) combined with current and in-depth experience of international shipping operations
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to develop close and effective working relationships with all key internal/external stakeholders and demonstrate positive influencing skills
- Self-motivated and positive attitude with high levels of energy and drive to achieve targets
- True logistical and logical mindset and able to act upon own initiative using sound commercial judgement whilst ensuring the team and key stakeholders are kept informed and updated
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully motivate a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills with high level of IT literacy.
Salary and location:
- Based at Head office in Graasten – attractive salary according to qualifications.
Please contact director Mads Kinch Clemmensen from Foodjob Nordic on +45 2912 6119 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this exciting position. Of course, Foodjob Nordic ensures absolute discretion for all applicants.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Læs om Foodjob Nordic her