Internal Audit Manager, Governance and Compliance, any of the Nordic capitals
This is an exciting time for you to join us. We are a changing company with big ambitions and together we will create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Are you interested in joining us on this journey?
Group Internal Audit ('GIA') supports the Group Board and Executive Management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the Nordea Group.
As Internal Audit Manager, you will contribute to the execution of GIA's strategy and the delivery of GIA's annual audit plan, and you will build and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders in order to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Nordea's governance, risk management and control processes. You will not have a managerial role, but you will provide leadership within your areas of expertise, by taking on various roles in audit projects and by acting as a role model to colleagues. Working across teams is encouraged.
What you will be doing:
- Assessing whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and the risk functions to the Group Board, its committees and Executive Management
- Assessing whether all significant risks are adequately controlled
- Challenging Executive Management to improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls
The role is based in any of the Nordic capitals. Welcome to a team dedicated to review Governance and Compliance processes in Nordea.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you work well with others and always act with the customer's needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You are honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it's difficult, and committed to empowering others. You are passionate about doing a great job.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in working with audit, regulatory compliance and internal governance
- Knowledge and skills with audit methodology
- Knowledge in key regulatory areas for the financial sector, eg AML/CTF, MAR, MiFID, GL 44 as well as compliance and risk management processes
- Excellent collaborative skills and strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals
- High ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy
- University degree in Business administration, Law, Risk management or related fields
- CIA, CISA or other related certification is a merit
- Fluency in English is required
You have until 18 June 2018 to send us your application. For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Agnieszka Arshamian, Head of Audit Governance and Compliance, email@example.com or +46 721410169.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.