For an established position within The Kuwaiti Danish Dairy Company (KDDC), one of the leading producers of high quality food products in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, we are hiring an Iraq Country Manager. The Country Manager will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of business and manufacturing operations in Iraq based on KDD business plans and strategic objectives.
The Country Manager shall:
- Lead the implementation of manufacturing initiatives, including strategic resource allocation and application of good manufacturing standards, and be responsible for organization structure, sourcing and integration, production systems, techniques for improved efficiencies and adherence to best practice.
- Develop manufacturing and operational strategic plans and oversee their implementation to ensure maximum capacity utilization of manufacturing units.
- Formulate policies, programs and objectives affecting the schedule, quality, and cost of manufactured products.
- Prepare market strategies in line with corporate business plans to meet business objectives.
- Liaise with distribution entities through close communication; offer services to ease sales achievement (timely deliveries, market visits etc); develop marketing tools and budgets to support sales; ensure best customer service.
- Ensure implementation of go-to-market programs for effective market penetration and product availability; plan and formulate KDD’s annual calendar marketing and sales strategy.
- Prepare annual budgeting of expense, payroll and capex with all necessary justifications.
The role involves:
- Timely communication to teams of programs and initiatives for achieving business results.
- Monitoring expense budgets closely and maintaining them in line with revenues.
- Measuring productivity of assets and optimizing for best results.
- Controlling accounts receivables and collection turnover while taking appropriate corrective action where necessary.
- Ensuring that all claims have necessary supporting documents from distributors.
The right candidate will have proven leadership exposure and currently holds a position with 15 years’ experience within a dairy, brewery or similar food manufacturing FMCG company, including 7 years’ senior management experience across manufacturing – supply chain management – and finance.
Critical responsibilities for the Country Manager will include:
- Developing and maintaining balanced relationships with the company’s internal and external customers while presenting KDD’s best business and ethical image.
- Providing leadership and direction for all personnel and enriching communication within departments.
- Training and developing department staff on sales strategy, business processes and analytics; assessing and evaluating staff performance annually with at least one review per year before the year end performance appraisal.
- Delegating assignments while following up on achievements; coaching staff to set objectives; working towards approved objectives and assessing deliverables.
- Procuring and analyzing relevant retailer and competitor information; determining channel and product strategies for each market.
The candidate will be well versed in implementation of marketing and promotional programs with and through sales teams. Part of the job is to seek and report any activity or detected strategy or pricing policy or other activities by the competition by submitting relevant and documented information. The incumbent must be able to review daily/monthly sales targets vs sales forecasts and defined KPIs. The candidate should be able to manage the performance of subordinates in accordance with company standard policies and procedures, manage all local correspondence with business partners and follow up on pending business and financial transactions.
Other mandatory skills are to review and present volume, expenditure and profitability actual/forecast numbers vs plans to top management, identify business opportunities, and implement agreed plans to overcome shortfalls and ensure continuous business growth. Furthermore, the incumbent is required to manage all company insurance, employee accounts and business assets and develop annual business plans for top management to review and approve. He must update all MIS applications daily with necessary reporting of any technical glitches to KDD head office. Finally, he must maintain full company legal compliance with Iraqi laws and regulations and communicate any legal matters to KDD head office legal department for proper advice and decisions. The role further requires execution of management directives when required by KDD top management.
The total compensation package, which is negotiated individually, will depend on level of experience and qualifications.
Besides salary, we offer housing and car allowances, 30 days of paid annual leave, private health insurance for self and spouse, an annual air ticket for self and spouse, a one-time relocation allowance and visa/logistical costs at origin and destination.
KDD headquarters is in Kuwait, and the company has branches across all GCC countries and Iraq. Established in 1962, The Kuwaiti Danish Dairy Company (KDDC) is one of the leading producers and distributors of high-quality food products in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. KDD products are distributed across the GCC, Middle East and Levant, with a portfolio of products ranging from 24 diverse types of juices and dairy products, 75 varieties of ice cream and 27 types of natural fruit juice and fruit drink, as well as tomato paste. The company’s commitment to high quality, development of its human capital, and to expansion in various other markets is reflected in the investment KDD continues to make in its processes, production facilities and adherence to quality control initiatives. For more information, please refer to: www.kddc.com.