Technical Field Expert
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working with our customers, to help increase crop productivity, protect the environment, and improve health and quality of life.
- Prepares and provides technical market support for offers and products to maximise sales.
- Provide technical input and support to the creation and delivery of the Crop campaigns including development of technical data for story telling.
- Take a Customer Experience approach and ensure customer needs are addressed and met in everything we do based on the Syngenta Customer Standards
- Leads the delivery of a CU focused Technical Launch plans dependant on product responsibility
- Actively participate in design, communication, and implementation of technical crop solutions.
- Responsible for managing and delivering the technical relationship with key Distribution Accounts, Technical and Value Chain Influencers.
- To lead Stewardship measures on product of responsibility.
- Lead Field Force training, demonstration and local story creation.
- To lead the planning, implementation and reporting of field trials within the CU Technical Support and campaign support trial programmes. Generate data for product launch and sales support and identify further product extensions or sales support opportunities and issues.
- Influence the Value Chain via trials interaction
- Identify, communicate and steward measurable technical attributes of our products applying Syngenta customer standards and customer experience thinking.
- Provide the technical leadership and co-ordination for internal and external demonstration and product performance trials to build deep understanding of Syngenta product offers and maximize the impact of product launches and the overall commercial portfolio on sales and market share.
- Develop training tools and materials to educate external and internal stakeholders on new solutions.
- Crop expertise: Provide technical agronomic support, training and coaching to the sales force, key account managers, key industry technical influencers and grower customers.
- Solution and product launch maximization: identify potential solutions to address grower needs and support new product launches via participation in trials and training
- Claim opportunity support: resolve grower claims and create new opportunities
- Manage and deliver close technical relationships with key distributor accounts & influencers.
- Provide expert technical input for launch preparation – defining technical campaign needs and prepare technical material.
- Develop trial protocols and plans as defined by campaigns and company strategy and lead results interpretation.
- Sign-off of technical updates.
- Co-ordinate product stewardship review via Sales and the Campaign teams.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- High quality tech campaign material delivered in full.
- Excellence in technical launch and support.
- Establishment of Syngenta relationships with key Customers, Farmers and Value Chain technical influencers.
- Maintenance of, and belief in technical excellence across the CU.
- Manage the design and delivery field trials.
- Deliver first class relevant field data in a customer focused manner in relevant formats.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Degree in agriculture or environmental sciences or a Technical Diploma
- Hold critical internal and external crop expertise across a range of agronomic and market conditions
- Understanding of the role / value of technical information in a commercial environment.
- In-depth crop & product knowledge - labelled and actual use patterns.
- Product stewardship experience.
- Relationship Business Plan or equivalent.
- In-field technical experience.
- In-field experience in a commercial environment
- In-field experience in trial work
- Relationships with key national Influencers.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Gains commitment of key reports and stakeholders in a compelling way
- Manages risk and is able to work with uncertainty
- Provides opportunities for learning, development and growth
- Interact with people to connect across functions and boundaries to spark innovation
Critical technical and professional capabilities
- Delivers distinctive value proposition to customer
- Understands customer needs
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation.
- Data interpretation - conversion from data to use advise / product and service support.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Analytical thinking
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Danish or Swedish