Research Scientist, ALK Translational Research - GR
Would you like to improve the quality of life of millions suffering with allergic diseases?
ALK is looking for a Research Scientist within the Immunology team in Translational Research department. This position has a key role in the ALK Global Research.
In this position, you will participate in research focussed on allergic diseases and the mode of action of allergen specific Immunotherapy. The more we learn, the better we can offer and select the right treatment for people with allergy. Together with other members of the Immunology team your scientific responsibility will be to drive and perform in-vivo animal experiments and ex-vivo and in-vitro human cell based experiments. This include setting up animal model experiments, measurement of in-vivo lung function, analysis of immune infiltrates within the lungs, fluorospot, flow cytometry, primary cell culturing, establishing of human T-cell lines and various immunoassay’s to measure activation and differentiation of immune cells. Through collaborations with academia, we strive to be cutting-edge in our research and at the same time relevant to ALKs core business. You will be working closely together with team members of Immunology as well as rest of Global Research.
With your expertise, you will be further strengthening our experimental research platform with novel, state-of-the-art in-vivo and ex-vivo approaches.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Ph.D. in Immunology.
- Two to three years of post-doctoral experience in immunology, preferably in Allergy, Asthma and Inflammation with documented publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Extensive experience in experimental cellular immunology, e.g. developing mouse models, human in-vitro and ex-vivo functional assays and similar techniques aimed to understand immunological mechanisms.
- Basic understanding of statistics and experience with handling large data sets is an absolute advantage.
- Ability to plan, execute and analyse human in-vitro and ex-vivo studies to evaluate the immunological properties of vaccine candidates and biomarkers.
- Capability to perform and coordinate analysis of the data and provide interpretations of results to other scientists and department leaders.
- An open and collaborative mindset, excellent presentation skills with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills are required.
ALK provides a uniquely dynamic and pleasant work environment, complete with inspiring and challenging assignments. With our new strategy being launched, we aim to become the world leaders in Allergy to help the allergy patients to the best. The results of your efforts will be significant throughout the organization and you will be able to actively influence and challenge the status quo. Our flat structures attract independent individuals who like to feel the progress of the business and enjoy being close to the decision-making process. You will be part of an engaged and informal team who values skill and knowledge creation. We consider our pioneering spirit coupled with our trustworthiness our winning formula. ALK is a health-focused organization and our offices offer a green view of the DTU Scion science park in Hørsholm.
For further information on the position please contact Shashank Gupta, Manager and Head of Immunology, Translational Research- GR, Bøge Alle 1 Hørsholm, Denmark : Mobile (+45) 41959062.
How to apply
Please click on apply and kindly remember to attach a letter of motivation and CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Application deadline: 15. august