Global Category Manager
Are you ready for a visible position that gives a wide exposure and network throughout the organization? And can you confidently navigate in a multi-cultural setting among many stakeholders while excelling in category strategies and activities? Then you could be our next Global Category Manager at Danfoss Global procurement organization.
You will become part of a team of four highly skilled and committed colleagues working closely together and sparring with each other about processes and mechanisms, each being responsible for different product categories and placed at various locations.
Develop supplier relationships and implement category strategies
Your starting point is a deep understanding of the assigned category portfolio in terms of external supply markets, technology developments and internal Danfoss requirements. You will be driving the saving projects (TCO / strategic cost management) in collaboration with site purchasing managers, and you will establish approved supplier lists and implement supply base reduction plan. Moreover, you will support project buyers to implement category strategy in the PCP projects. You will also ensure relationship mapping (internal/external), regular supplier performance reviews and clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
You can be located in any of possible locations: Germany, Poland, Italy or Denmark.
Your main focus areas will be:
- Supplier design-in, single/second sourcing decisions, product life cycle pricing and Early Supplier Involvement
- Initiate and drive negotiations and strategic cost reduction projects for the assigned categories (using tools as value engineering and TCO)
- Contribute to the supplier & component diversity reduction and ensure full compliance with the Contracting, Supply Base Management (including full accountability for all supplier selections)
- Enforce Supplier Quality & Sustainability guidelines for your suppliers in close collaboration with the site purchase managers and operational buyers
- Represent Danfoss externally as Supplier Responsible
- You have minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a procurement role and are familiar with category management and contracting
- In addition, you are a proactive self-starter with high drive, ambition and a positive can-do attitude
- You have a relevant educational background, e.g. a commercial education or an engineering background topped with solid commercial understanding, all backed by solid direct category management in an international organization
- It is essential that you are result-oriented and have strong negotiation skills.
- Moreover, you have an analytical approach to your tasks and are able to work both independently and in cross-functional teams
- Finally, you master English at negotiation level, have diplomatic skills and are able to communicate at all levels
What can Danfoss offer?
- Professional development (trainings, development plans, defined career paths, international assignments opportunities)
- Working in dynamic environment for innovative company with strong position on the worldwide market
- Benefit package
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted.The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.