Ready to dip into sales of solutions for offshore specialists?
EIVA is a leading engineering company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the international maritime industries. We develop and provide equipment, software and various services to customers specialising in ocean sciences, offshore wind, oil and gas, and construction, to name just a few fields we’re active in.
To keep pace with growing demand for EIVA solutions around the world, we’re establishing a new position in our sales team for a sales trainee.
This dynamic position will involve an exciting mix of supporting EIVA’s global sales activities, alongside handling of customer orders within the sales team.
As sales trainee, you will be involved in supporting the EIVA sales team in a wide array of tasks and activities. You can expect to engage with customers from across the global maritime industries to help increase EIVA’s market presence, as well as collaborate with EIVA’s marketing, rental and training teams.
In parallel, you will function as a key person responsible for all manner of daily tasks involved with the handling of customer orders (predominantly hardware orders).
The role offers a unique opportunity to learn the ropes of a sales team operating at the cutting edge of the maritime industry. Involved with a diverse range of tasks, you will not only develop skills in sales and customer relations, but contribute in meaningful ways to the ambitions and growth of EIVA.
You would be working out of EIVA headquarters in Stilling (just one minute away from E45, 15 minutes from Aarhus by car and easy to reach by bus). Please note that this is a full-time position, and may entail a small number of travel days annually.
Responsibilities of the position
- Closing orders and assisting with proposals (featuring both hardware and software products)
- Handling of orders once they are closed, including customer data registration and matters relating to shipping
- Engaging with new and existing customers
- Assist in preparing information on EIVA’s products
- Ad-hoc support to the sales team
The ideal candidate…
- Holds a relevant education, such as training with Global Business Engineering or similar
- Has a commercial focus and growth-oriented mindset, with a passion for tasks related to sale and promotion of technical products
- Is a fast, proactive learner who enjoys going into technical details of technologies
- Has the confidence to build and maintain good relations, and enjoys interacting within teams, navigating both an internal network of colleagues and external network of partners and customers
- Takes pride in delivering high quality work and adopts a positive approach to responsibilities
- Possesses strong English language skills (both written and spoken)
- Has practical experience with Navision or other ERP systems (however, fear not: if this is not the case, we will teach you the ropes)
Please don’t be afraid to apply – even if you know nothing about the offshore industry!
Knowledge of products for the maritime surveying and construction industry would be most welcome, but is not a requirement. We know that we operate in a niche industry, so if you’re new to the maritime world, we’ll be sure to equip you with all necessary introductions to our activities and solutions before you dive into the EIVA waters.
Equally, we welcome applications from young minds — fresh, enthusiastic and recently out of education. You don’t have to have a long resume, just a willingness to apply yourself!
Joining the EIVA crew
Joining EIVA means becoming part of a company that takes pride in having an informal and open workplace culture, engaged with high-end, innovative technology in an inspiring environment.
At EIVA, because of how highly we value an individual’s sense of personal responsibility and proactivity, it’s possible to make your mark and surprise us if you find undiscovered opportunities.
We value proper balance between work and private life; something reflected by 15th, 20th and even 25th anniversaries being a common enough event among our colleagues.
We offer various benefits, such as a pension scheme and health insurance, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and an active social calendar.
Ready to dive in?
If we’ve caught your attention, please send a letter of application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Sales trainee’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion.
Interviews will be held immediately, with the new crew member starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Director Marketing and Sales Anne Juul Andreasen at email@example.com.