Requirements Engineer Software (m/f)
Do you have experience with developing software from the early stages to implementation? Do you understand to define requirements for embedded software with functional safety components? Are you looking to apply your knowledge to new exciting projects in developing joystick controls for off-highway machinery? Then Danfoss has an outstanding opportunity for you.
Danfoss is enhancing its expertise and competence in Functional Safety and we are looking for a person to strengthen our team in shaping our projects right from the start. As our new Requirements Engineer Software (m/f) for embedded control systems for the agriculture, construction and material handling off-highway mobile markets. The position may be located in Neumuenster, Germany or Nordborg, Denmark.
In this role, you will be the spearhead of a new global team responsible for integrating Danfoss’ hydraulic and electronic components into complete control systems for off-highway mobile machinery. In the pre-development phase, you will be responsible for capturing and defining requirements with a focus on functional safety. In coordination with your stakeholders, you will design and specify the software and then coordinate projects through the implementation and validation/verification phases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Capture and define requirements for our new embedded software in accordance with all relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate in global cross functional project teams to bring your requirements to become functional prototypes and final products
- Match requirements, design and specifications with our hardware and software teams
- Facilitate development of use case specifications with internal and external customers
- Support the development of software solutions for real-time controllers using graphical and textual programming
- Support the implementation of functional safety standards and processes (ISO 26262, IEC 61508, SIL)
- Design vehicle serial communication protocols such as CAN, J1939 or CANopen
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs and Safety Analysis and Hazard and Risk Assessments
Qualification & Requirements
- Master’s degree or higher in Mechatronics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical field
- First-hand experience in defining and setting requirements for embedded software
- Experience in embedded software development including knowledge of software processes, design and test practices
- Ideally some knowledge in Functional Safety (IEC 61508, ISO 26262)
- Proven record of developing real-world customer specific requirements with embedded software solutions
- Effective project management skills with proven ability to implement change, engaging others in the organization as necessary
- Strong interpersonal and results-driven communication skills
- Willingness to travel to both domestic and international locations (engineering and manufacturing sites, suppliers, and customers)
- Fluent English language skills are essential
What we can offer
Robust structures, quick decision-making paths and an organizational culture that encourages achievement based on trust, together with a lot of freedom to implement your own ideas is the professional environment that we are offering to you. In these exciting times, you have the chance to actively participate in the development and execution of innovative business strategies on a national and international scale.
For further information about the position please contact Eva Isselstein, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at +49 461 4301 4623.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.