Software Test Engineer (m/f)
Danfoss Power Solutions - a world-class provider of mobile hydraulics for the construction, agriculture, and other off-highway vehicle markets - is a segment of the Danfoss Group and provides the power our changing world needs to thrive.
Do you have experience with testing embedded software from the early stages to validation? Are you looking to apply your knowledge to new exciting projects in developing reliable components for off-highway machinery? Then Danfoss has an outstanding opportunity for you.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer to strengthen our team within Software Development shaping our projects right from the start. As our new Software Test Engineer (m/f) you will be located in Neumuenster, Germany or alternatively in Nordborg, Denmark.
The Software Test Engineer creates and executes tests to verify embedded control software for the off-highway hydraulic machinery market. The control software is used by internal and external customers to create solutions deployed around the world. The Software Test Engineer is essential to providing high quality products required by our customers.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Test of embedded software applications under real-time conditions using a Hardware in the Loop (HIL) test system
- Review system requirements and use cases, performance specifications, and interface design documents
- Design and implement test sequences in Python to run on an National Instruments PXI real-time controller
- Design and implement unit and subsystem tests for new products utilizing automated test systems
- Prepare test specification, design, implementation, and reports in close collaboration with application software teams
- Record and verify software issues into the change management system
The qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science or sufficient experience in software development
- Understanding of C and Python programming languages
- Experience with National Instruments’ LabVIEW, embedded software development and configuration management tools (i.e. Git, SVN)
- Basic knowledge of CAN protocols such as J1939
- Good English language skills in speaking and writing
- Goal oriented and highly self-motivated
- Open-minded and good at interacting with others, across borders and cultures
Join our team and help us release the potential of this amazing world. We look forward to discovering how you want to have an impact on tomorrow!
For further information about the position please contact Eva Isselstein, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at +49 461 4301 4623.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.