Head Business Sustainability - Nordics
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working with our customers, to help increase crop productivity, protect the environment, and improve health and quality of life.
Syngenta will offer:
- The opportunity to grow within the world's leading Agribusiness company, operating within a challenging international business environment
- An open, supportive and collaborative working culture
- Great opportunities for personal development and career progression
- A permanent, fulltime role, based on-site at our Nordic Commercial office in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
In the role of Head Business Sustainability - Nordics, you will shape and implement a sustainability plan across Sustainable and Responsible Business activities (Stewardship, Good Growth Plan - https://www.syngenta.com/what-we-do/the-good-growth-plan ). You will lead Internal and External Communications in Governmental and Public Affairs with the support of Country and Regional Regulatory Managers.
- Establish and lead the Business Sustainability Agenda for the Nordics (Crop Protection), focusing on government & industry relations and media engagement, supported by the appropriate resources & budget.
- Ensure clear individual plans are in place which deliver against each pillar of the regional strategy, specifically building acceptance for our new technologies and in market risk mitigation via stewardship.
- Develop and maintain management processes within the Commercial Units Leadership Team – Nordics.
- Develop strategic partnerships and oversee effective community engagement across the Nordic, including the farmers and the food companies.
- Deliver pro-active reputation management through impactful stakeholder management: developing thought leadership platforms, regular formal and informal engagement, effective use of multiple media channels, public engagements and publications
- Ensure that there is an effective and well-functioning horizon scanning and crisis management system in place across the Nordics and report escalation if necessary.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Ability to frequently assess/measure impact of programs
- Ability to operate autonomously and represent the company at the highest levels
- Engagement on projects and management of issues and crisis that can have substantial business impact
- Contribute to the overall corporate growth ambition
- Experience in a Corporate Affairs / Technical leadership position with a good understanding of the commercial, regulatory, advocacy and brand & reputation dimensions which impact our business (must be an expert in at least one of these areas)
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong internal & external relationships across boundaries and cultures
- Strong people management and leadership skills in a matrix organization and a cross cultural environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proactive, self-motivating, decisive, high level of crisis tolerance
- Experience of issues management & crisis communications; work with/in governments; media relations and brand (social media experience desirable)
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree or relevant professional qualification
- Good understanding of the political, social, and cultural complexity and diversity in countries
- Good understanding of Syngenta’s business (or capability to quickly build the understanding)
- Fluent in English & either Danish or Swedish