Director Product Testing
Can you drive continuous improvement and change management across a global organization, consisting of experienced managers and teams within the Cooling industry? Do you have the drive and attitude to secure fast and first-time right execution of product testing across sites? Then you might be person we are looking for as our newDirector Product Testing.
Danfoss Cooling’s Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Controls (RAC) is entering a new era of Product Testing. Environmental and energy efficiency subjects set the scene for new opportunities for the Testing environment in Danfoss. Our intention is to pursue and benefit from these opportunities and get ahead of competition.
If you have a great interest in new technologies and virtual testing, combined with excellent intercultural management skills, please keep on reading.
Virtual Testing and optimization of Danfoss Cooling testing activities
Your extensive experience with Lab management and innovative and execution oriented mindset will secure one way of working across sites. Among your most important areas of responsibilities you will find:
- Lead and develop the global RD&E Product Testing organization with focus on fast efficient test execution, documented reliable test setup and zero-defect mindset.
- Develop effective Product testing foot print with capabilities that matches business strategies.
- Develop strategy for Virtual testing and IoT in Labs and drive implementation of the strategy.
To be considered successful in this position, you will lead Product Testing activities globally with focus on lean and fast test execution and continuous improvements in quality and processes. You will build a lean and learning organization culture based on empowerment, flexibility, strong customer focus, collaboration, knowledge sharing and a zero-defect mindset.
Some of your key tasks could be:
- Develop capabilities of the Product Testing function/teams in Denmark, India and China to meet the strategic goals of the business.
- Secure transparency in Product Testing foot print, activities, competences and financials.
- Drive standardization across sites and facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Drive plans and implementation of external collaboration.
- Evaluate competence and resource requirements for the Product Testing across sites including strategic succession planning.
- Manage investment projects in Lab with focus on reliability and safety of equipment, timely implementation and optimal total cost.
- Challenge Innovation, New Product Development and Engineering team to provide clear test specifications that follow industry and safety standards.
Furthermore, you will be developing Product Testing teams to the next level delivering Virtual Prototyping, Testing and Digital Twins – using Connected Products and Testing Equipment to make use of monitoring products during their entire life time.
You will take a seat in the RAC R&D Management team consisting of NPD, Engineering, Process & Performance and Product Testing where you will contribute to breaking down silo-thinking and enable knowledge sharing and utilization of synergies across functions.
The successful candidate for the position
Besides your technical background as Bachelor or Master within Engineering or similar, you have 5+ years of experience from managing Lab facilities preferably from a similar global industry with a proven track record. You have practical experience with verification and validation of mechanical or electro-mechanical control products and have previously utilized quality tools to manage capability of test equipment.
Needless to say, you are fluent in both verbal and written English.
On a more personal note, you are:
- Energetic and execution focused
- Creative with a positive attitude
- Leading by example
- Able and motivated to lead change
- Working with integrity, sense of urgency and a strong communicator
- A team player
You have an uncompromising focus on leading by example, acting as a role model, motivating others to create an environment which inspires people to change and develop.
What can Danfoss offer?
Joining this position as Director Product Testing, you will be granted a chance to accelerate your career in a global organization, working cross functions, cross cultures and with multimillion DKK budget high priority projects.
Moreover, you will be joining a company in rapid development, where words as IoT, Connectivity, Smart-housing and digitalization is some of our highest priorities. No matter the position, there will always be great development opportunities within the Danfoss organization.
For further information about the position,
Please contact Senior Director Engineering, Henning Lars Hansen +45 2016 6073. For information about the process, please contact Senior Recruiter, Kasper Kiel Aagaard +45 20 63 35 26.
Your application is important to us. We would like to inform you that during the summer vacation period, you may experience a delay in response from the recruiter or hiring manager, but we will reply to you as soon as possible. The position remains open till the right candidate is found.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here