Senior Catalyst Engineer
Haldor Topsoe is an international company in rapid development. The headquarters are based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and products are sold to industrial plants throughout the world. We now offer a position as a Senior Catalyst Engineer in our Refinery Business Unit, where we sell catalysts and technologies that can help our customers in producing environmentally friendly fuels to lower the impact on the environment from the utilization of hydrocarbon based fuels.
As a Sr. Catalyst Engineer in the Hydrocracking Technical Service Group, you will be involved in the technical part of the sales process making, technical proposals, and performance evaluations, as well as modelling to improve our calculation tools. You will take part in multicultural collaboration and specialized technical service on-site to refinery customers with focus on hydrocracking units, and you will do this together with more than 90 dedicated colleagues within the Refinery Business Unit as well as with colleagues from other business units, R&D, Global Supply unit, and regional offices. You will be the primary technical point of contact for our customers and be in a continuous dialogue with refineries to provide solutions to their hydroprocessing needs.
We focus on continuous learning and development of our employees. You will therefore be offered extensive training depending on your level of experience. You will participate in relevant courses to promote your development, as well as close collaboration with more experienced colleagues. Frequent travels will give you the opportunity to explore diverse cultures and develop cross-cultural understanding and cooperation skills. You will join a team where you will get the possibility to use your process experience and gain knowledge about our catalysts that will enable you to support our customers on a global scale.
- Prepare technical quotations and reports for customers in close cooperation with sales managers
- Advise customers on optimizing their operation and use of catalysts
- Participate as an expert in seminars and meetings with clients
- Support our sales managers with technical negotiations
- Occasionally supervise catalyst installation and reactor start-up at refineries worldwide
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries
- Travel between 40 and 60 days per year on technical service trips with a duration of typically one to two weeks
- Participate in the development of new calculation tools and correlations
- have a flexible and solution-oriented way of approaching people and tasks
- demonstrate initiative as well as technical flair
- have a good understanding of refinery processes and specific experience related to the hydrocracking process
- are committed to your work, strive to make a difference, and take ownership of own tasks
- actively seek to strengthen your own knowledge related to the business
- have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- have flair for troubleshooting and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
- highly proficient in spoken and written English
- have expert skills within Excel and VBA/JAVA-programming.
You have a degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, or similar, and you have process experience from the refinery industry or an affiliated sector such as process licencing, catalyst, or equipment supply, preferably within hydrocracking. The challenges we offer will match your level of experience.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organiztion, please submit your application and resume, and enclose a copy of your exam certificates.
Please contact Peter Nymann on +45 2265 5016 you want to know more about the position.
August 13, 2018
Contactperson: Peter Nymann
Phone: +45 2265 5016
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2017, our revenue was approximately 760 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,300 employees.