Operations Manager Denmark, based in Hørsholm
Market Leading MedTech products
We are looking for a strong people leader who is collaborative and result-driven and with a proven record of accomplishment managing successful teams, working with and influencing many stakeholders, driving processes forward, meeting deadlines, achieving results and displaying a strong customer focus.
The Danish Operations Manager is the single point of contact for Denmark within the European Supply Chain structure. Responsibilities include all aspects of Distribution, Customer service, Inventory Management and Operational Excellence for the area, working closely with and supporting the Commercial Director for Denmark and local Business leaders.
This is an office-based position managing a customer service team of 3 and a logistics/warehouse team of 2 and it reports to the Nordic Supply Chain Manager.
- The leadership of the teams, ensuring all distribution centres (Internal & third party) are running at optimum efficiency and effectiveness in all areas: Physical warehousing and shipping/Loaner/Demo operations/Returns Management/Demand Planning/Customer Service/Logistics/Purchasing
- The leadership of the Customer Service function in Denmark ensuring Service Level Agreements and targets are met and KPIs analysed and reported
- Represent the company and develop collaborative relationships with external bodies e.g. distributors and government agencies
- Work closely with the Nordics Supply Chain Manager to develop supply chain strategies that support the business and aim to provide a competitive advantage
- Provide an executive interface with Commercial Leadership, responding to queries and concerns and using business acumen to highlight potential issues at the appropriate time
- Perform all activities in compliance with relevant GMP (GDP) and Quality System standards and specifically with medical device regulations. In addition, also the responsibility to maintain the local ISO 9001 certification
- Manage, coach and develop an effective and motivated team, who achieve team, functional and business objectives
- Take responsibility for own development to increase own personal contribution to the business
- Budget planning and cost controls vs. budget for WH&D as well as for Customer Service
- Implement a value-adding, effective Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process and Sales and Operations Execution (S&OE) process for DK in line with the company approach.
We offer an exciting opportunity to work with market leading healthcare products in a tender driven competitive marketplace. We offer a competitive package. You will receive an introduction to our organization, processes and systems and get a good insight into our commercial business as needed to be successful in the role.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate has two to three years of experience in a similar role, must be fluent in Danish and English. A BA/BS college degree or equivalent and proven job-related experience and comprehensive knowledge in the job-related functional area is preferable. You have experience with supplier management, change management, management of Health and Safety to ISO standard and the ability to work in a matrix organisation.
You have a proven ability to identify key issues and a track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matters quickly. With strong organizational skills, you demonstrate the capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans, and solutions to identified issues and problems.
With strong verbal and written communication skills, you show good judgement and discretion and work easily with leaders. You have performance management experience and the ability to identify and develop talent.
It is in your DNA to be proactive and take initiative and you are comfortable managing competing organizational and departmental priorities and to work effectively under pressure when facing short deadlines.
Are you interested?
Jobindex serves as a recruitment partner for this position. If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact recruitment consultant at Jobindex Kristine Holm Sjølander at +45 8863 0018.
We will invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to submit your CV and application as soon as possible and no later than 2. September, 2018. Please apply for the position by clicking the “Apply online” link below. We look to fill this position as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Company Description www.smith-nephew.com
Smith & Nephew supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries in their daily efforts to improve the lives of their patients.
We do this by taking a pioneering approach to the design of our advanced medical products and services, by securing wider access to our diverse technologies for more customers globally, and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems.
- Orthopaedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
- Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
- Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
- Trauma - products that help repair fractures and limb deformities
We have around 16,000 employees around the world. Annual sales in 2017 were more than $4.8 billion.
Rekrutteringskonsulent hos Jobindex
Kristine Holm Sjølander
Tlf. +45 8863 0018
Please write in your application that you saw the job listing at StepStone.