Head of Asset Management Offshore Wind
The Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Our offshore business is amongst the top three players globally and we are currently constructing the world’s first subsidy free offshore site. Our offshore portfolio consists at present of 1,6 GW installed capacity and 2,0 GW, which are under construction or in pre-construction. It is our clear ambition to continue and to even accelerate our strong growth in the future.
Do you want to shape the future?
We are now looking for a Head of Asset Management Offshore Wind (m/f) to optimize the life time profitability of our individual assets and the asset portfolio. This comprises:
- Asset performance analysis
- Integrity Risk management
- Commercial analysis
- Asset strategy
Furthermore, the Head of Asset Management will shape and tune the department towards and above industry standards. The position is an unlimited full-time position and can be located in London, Amsterdam, Hamburg or Kolding. The Asset Management department consists currently of 9 FTE.
The Head of Asset Management Offshore Wind takes the role as the asset owner and by that is responsible to secure asset integrity as well as a strong performance of the assets. This includes to secure a highly professional set up in the above mentioned focus areas, the usage/development of proper methodologies, processes and tools as well as a straight forward decision taking based on the mandates allocated to that role. Due to the cross functional character of the asset management tasks, the Head of Asset Management needs to strongly cooperate and align with departments across Vattenfall Offshore wind, but also be able to push decisions through the organization based on our operating model and the mandate inherent in the position.
This position will report to the Director of Business Excellence and Asset Management and will be part of the Business Excellence & Asset Management team. The Head of Asset Management will have a high visibility throughout the organization and play an important role in the further development of Vattenfall’s Offshore business.
Your job as Head of Asset Management Offshore Wind
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Further develop the department in the areas (1) integrity risk management (2) asset performance analysis (3) commercial analysis and (4) asset strategy.
- Own the integrity risk register on site and portfolio level, decide on mitigation measures and follow them up.
- Evaluate O&M risk profile and optimize it against the portfolio risk level.
- Secure asset performance analysis/tracking of the assets, incl. definition of right KPIs (also regarding future development of the fleet) and initiation of actions in case of target deviations (in cooperation with related departments).
- Identification of performance improvement measures due to regular site benchmarks and AEP (annual energy production) improvements measures (e.g. upgrades).
- Contribute to the formulation of a mid-/long term O&M strategy in alignment with other departments.
- Provide commercial analysis for decisions allocated to asset management such as major component exchanges, risk mitigation measures, AEP upgrades, PPAs, etc.
- Continue to establish good relationship with the Offshore Transmission Owners (UK parks).
- Run the yearly asset strategy processes according to our operating model.
- Prepare for a ISO 55001 certification and steer the process of certification.
- Board memberships (depending on further partnering).
Your profile as Head of Asset Management Offshore Wind
- Engineering, technical or commercial qualification, graduate level or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in asset management in offshore renewables, offshore oil and gas, or similar complex industries. Preferable experience in heading an asset management department.
- Alternative: Strong track record as an asset management consultant or similar experiences.
- Proven track record in asset risk management and performance analysis of running assets.
- Knowledge of latest trends in asset management, incl. processes, tools and digitalization.
- Strong leader and manager, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and key stakeholders.
- Eager to take decisions and execute accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, fluent in English.
- Significant, demonstrable leadership and management skills.
- Positive and highly collaborative mindset.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location can be in London, Amsterdam, Hamburg or Kolding. However, you must expect travel activities related to your work in Northern Europe and you have colleagues placed at different locations.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Please let us know your salary expectations. Last day to apply is August 24th 2018.
For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Dr. Klemens Millonig, Director Business Excellence & Asset Management, phone +49 1729911573. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786 or mail email@example.com.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.