Assistant Technical Director
- with world class project management in a fast-growing company
Are you an experienced technical maritime/offshore leader? Does salt water flow in your veins? And do you have the personal drive to take on a top-level responsibility? If yes, then we invite you to join us and live out your ambitions in a position with great responsibility, particularly in terms of interesting projects with a high-tech environmental technology within the maritime sector.
PureteQ A/S introduced a patented, compact and cost-effective wet scrubber on the market in 2014. The first system was installed on a Ro-Pax ferry servicing Bornholm and commissioned in May 2015.
Recently, the number of shipowners that see scrubbers as a viable and cost-effective solution to 2020 compliance are steadily increasing. PureteQ is receiving a lot of orders and we are growing fast. We are looking to reinforce our technical organization with a strategic thinking, ambitious and skilled Assistant Technical Director with solid maritime competencies.
Join our quest to transform environmental issues into sustainable solutions.
PureteQ is an engineering company that specializes in the design, installation, start-up and commissioning of patented Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems (scrubbers) in co-operation with suppliers of parts and services.
PureteQ is a subsidiary of the Dansk Synergi A/S conglomerate, and our headquarters, production facilities and test center are in the city of Svendborg. Our internal communication is informal, and we have and maintain a very good team-spirit. We expect you to be working in our Svendborg facilities, when you are not travelling.
As our Assistant Technical Director, you will join the top management of PureteQ A/S with all the responsibilities that this comprises. You will determine strategies for future growth together with our CEO, CTO, CFO and our owners, and of course also the rest of the organization:
- Laying out a technical strategy based on our current achievements and forming the action plans that will make strategy succeed
- Assist in day-to-day management of the technical organization and staff, including freelance staff where these do not report to project managers
- Selection and vetting of partners and suppliers to the technical organization together with the Purchasing Manager and other staff
- Setting the right team and making sure that all bases are covered and that we’re achieving sustainable growth
- Commercial optimization of projects and systems
- Proactively ensure supply chain timeliness and quality of all services and equipment
- Participate in the preparation of tenders and proposals
- Occasionally take on own projects (retrofit or new-built).
You are probably either a well-performing maritime or offshore technical manager looking for the next step in your career, or an experienced maritime or offshore technical director looking for new challenges in a company with a good culture and excellent team spirit. We expect that you already know what it takes to fill the position, but the following points are key to achieving the expected results:
- 5+ years of experience in technical management in the maritime/shipping/offshore industry
- Familiar with working with Class and Flag State
- Solid technical understanding, creativity and intuition
- Able to make sound decisions based on facts, even when facts are limited
- Background as a Marine Engineer or possibly a Naval Architect, based on a practical background.
- Keeping the bigger picture in view at all times, while understanding the importance of minding the details
- A high energy level and a personal drive that makes you excel at your work
- Ability to inspire your colleagues and walk the extra mile to make things happen
- Skilled at managing change and constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better
- 50-70 travelling days per year.
As you will be part of a small, effective but fast-growing organization with presently 17 employees, it is very important that you have excellent co-operative skills, and will join the team with a good sense of humor to match our company cultures.
If you have questions or would like an informal and confidential evaluation of your profile for the job, please contact our CEO Anders Skibdal at ext. +45 4017 1400 or CTO Anders N. Jensen at ext. +45 4014 4886
Please send your application and CV as .pdf latest August 1st, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org marked
“Assistant Technical Director PureteQ”. All applications are treated fully confidential.