- Key Finance role in an aspirational and progressive education environment
- Global affiliation of leading private / independent schools
- Permanent, full-time role in Copenhagen.
OneSchool is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive, truly global schools. With over 9,500 students, 130 campuses and 2,500 staff operating across 20 countries, OneSchool’s global education ecosystem provides an environment in which our staff and students thrive.
We develop learners who “learn how to learn” and facilitate this learning through a forward looking and pioneering approach to education. While academic excellence has and always will be a priority, OneSchool challenges dated educational practices and processes with our Self-Directed Learning program. We place the focus on what and how students are learning, rather than merely on what is being taught.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Financial Controller to join OneSchool with a focus on supporting 11 campuses across Europe. Fluency in English and is a key part of this role, while French and German would be an added advantage. As part of a truly global school, the role will also form part of the global Finance team and will connect with the other Finance professionals in the United Kingdom, North and South America, Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting to the Global Chief Financial Officer (based in Sydney), the Financial Controller will be responsible for providing financial expertise for the finance department and business overall and producing accurate and timely financial statements to ensure effective control and compliance obligations. This is a hands-on role, therefore the ability to work with detail while maintaining the bigger picture is critical.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Design and documentation of accounting policies and procedures;
- Financial budgeting and forecasting, throughout a complex multi-unit environment;
- Producing standardized, timely and accurate monthly management reports;
- Development of strong rapport with the business, demonstrating professional competence;
- Identification of change initiatives impacting on financial processes needs and advising solutions for the identified needs;
- Creation of strong internal working relationships with all OneSchool Global stakeholders.
We are seeking a Financial Controller with at least three plus years’ related experience, a tertiary qualification and a strong working knowledge of Accounting Information Systems (AIS), process improvement, and complex financial modelling. Financial leadership experience and a track record of positive change, together with demonstrable success in collaboration and coordination are essential, as is a positive, can-do attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience working in virtual and global teams would be an advantage.
Experience in the education sector is desirable but however not essential. Candidates must be able to adapt quickly and bring with them experience of delivering in a multi-sited finance function. We are seeking candidates with strong relationship skills who are comfortable working in a diverse environment.
This is a brilliant opportunity to further enhance and develop your career in a fast paced and varied role within the growing organisation OneSchool. For further information about our company please visit www.oneschoolglobal.com.