Digital Project Director
Are you an energetic and skillful project manager with a passion to lead Digital implementation projects?
If so, FLSmidth would love to learn more about you and your experience. FLSmidth is a leading supplier to the Cement and Mining industries and is focused on helping customers become more productive through digitalization. This is a pivotal, and exciting, new area of growth for all involved…come join us! Your expertise and energy is welcome!
You will be part of our Digital organization with the ambition of driving the digital transformation of FLSmidth and extending our position as Productivity provider #1. You will manage a portfolio of digital projects and work cross-functionally in a matrix organization with our experts in product line management, engineering, procurement, marketing, sales, service, etc. to drive the digital agenda in their respective areas. You will be a key player in our efforts to transform the Cement and Mining industry and to enable customers to become more productive through digitalization.
The role will develop over time – in the beginning, direct project management will be a larger part of the role – moving over time to become a program management role. You will interact with Program Managers Globally in our organization, across functional areas and on many different project. You will be presenting progress to our Top Management.
To be successful in this you need to build trusted relationships, based on your skillset and track record as a project leader – you are proficient in scoping projects, defining activities, managing all aspects of a project schedule, resources, risk and budget and you ensure that all business and projects goals are met.
You are comfortable seeing the big picture and can tie individual, targeted projects together in a bigger strategic setting, communicating with senior management.
Your experience leveraging new technologies, being a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding how to turn technologies into business benefits/values will definitely be needed. As an enthusiastic Digital thought leader with a proven track record of defining and implementing new technologies (in product and processes), who is eager to learn, adapts quickly to changing needs, and who communicates and influences effectively will be a strong leader for others.
Your Primary work tasks
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders and turn their requirements into digital projects
- Lead and manage (on a day-to-day basis) a portfolio of Digital implementation projects across the globe: scope projects, define activities, manage all aspects of the project schedule, incl. resources, risks and budget
- Scout new technologies and their application in a business environment
- Set strategic direction together with senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s level desired) in business, engineering, statistics, information science, or similar
- Minimum 5 years, preferably longer professional experience in project management.
- Proven program management experience
- Proven experience in running projects that are technology heavy but with clear business focus ?
- Demonstrated results in managing international and cross-functional projects
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- In-depth understanding how turn technologies into business benefits/values
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Strong team player who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Background in coordinating and working across cross functional teams in a matrix environment.
This position will be located in Copenhagen and you will therefore need to have the rights to live and work in Denmark /EU.
Our commitment to you
FLSmidth helps build societies all over the world by contributing to the infrastructure needed for global economic growth.
You take off for a career in an international environment in close collaboration with customers, suppliers and colleagues all over the world based on our values: Competence, Co-operation and Responsibility.
Ensuring that safety stays on top of mind is part of FLSmidth’s commitment of being a responsible employer and we focus on developing your talent through ongoing training.
FLSmidth is an international engineering company with an annual turnover of app. EUR 3.3 bn. We are the world’s leading supplier of plants, machinery, services and spare parts to the cement and minerals industry. To maintain our market leading position, we invest massively in technological innovation, R&D and training of our 15,900 employees worldwide. Visit www.flsmidth.com for further information on our business and services.