Digital Innovation & Partnership Director
Do you have the skills in driving the innovative Digital agenda? Are you ready for new challenges as our new Digital Innovation & Partnership Director?
If so, FLSmidth would love to learn more about you and your experience. FLSmidth is a leading supplier to the Cement and Mining industries and is focused on helping customers become more productive through digitalization. This is a pivotal, and exciting, new area of growth for all involved…come join us! Your expertise and energy is welcome!
You will be part of our Digital organization with the opportunity to drive the digital transformation of FLSmidth and extend our position as Productivity provider #1. Several new business opportunities are arising with the emergence of digital technologies. It is your responsibility to have a thorough understanding of the technologies and the impact it will have on our industries. Your responsibilities include the continuous evaluation of new technologies, companies, solutions and prioritize and assess business impact, and make internal recommendations regarding what actions to take (M&A, Organic growth or partnerships are the alternatives). In addition, actively establish and maintain closer cooperation with Academia and Startup communities identifying new talents, new business opportunities, etc. On the partnership side, responsibilities include identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for large and complex partnerships. Partnership activities is in close cooperation with teams from Cement and Mining as well as Group Functions.
Your primary work tasks
- Lead strategy activities for new digital directions and investments and be the driver for Digital related investments
- Through your network in the start up community and with Venture Capital (VC) companies, actively identify and engage in new adjacent business opportunities.
- Responsible to co-develop and manage our Digital partnerships agenda. We believe, that Partnerships remains imperative for Digital success and your job will be to continuously evaluate, engage and develop these cooperation’s cross the globe and value chain – both internally and externally.
- Identify, develop and manage adjacent and new business opportunities - both internally and externally.
- Ensure continued and increased entrepreneurship within FLSmidth as well as engage with external entrepreneur communities (startups, hackathons, etc.).
- Increase cooperation with Academia related to relevant technologies such as Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Sensor technologies, etc.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in setting up and driving innovation and partnership programs and strategically and operationally working with VC-, Academia- and Start up communities
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s level desired) in business, engineering, statistics, information science, or similar
- Extensive experience in Business Development preferable from a consultancy or business development role
- You have established networks globally within VC- and Start up communities
- Proven experience and understanding from new technologies and how to translate it into business value. Hands on experience from B2B, IoT solutions, i.e HW,SW, platforms, analytics is merited
- You have International Project Management experience
- You are skilled in navigating in an international environment
- You possess solid business understanding and know how to manage complexity including many technologies and many stakeholders
- You are able to execute on tasks with solid deadlines without compromising the quality of your work. You must have excellent change management and interpersonal skills.
This position will be located in Copenhagen and you will therefore need to have the rights to live and work in Denmark /EU.
Our commitment to you
FLSmidth helps build societies all over the world by contributing to the infrastructure needed for global economic growth.
You take off for a career in an international environment in close collaboration with customers, suppliers and colleagues all over the world based on our values: Competence, Co-operation and Responsibility.
Ensuring that safety stays on top of mind is part of FLSmidth’s commitment of being a responsible employer and we focus on developing your talent through ongoing training.
FLSmidth is an international engineering company with an annual turnover of app. EUR 3.3 bn. We are the world’s leading supplier of plants, machinery, services and spare parts to the cement and minerals industry. To maintain our market leading position, we invest massively in technological innovation, R&D and training of our 15,900 employees worldwide. Visit www.flsmidth.com for further information on our business and services.