International – Ambitious - High impact
We at Hempel A/S are looking for a new colleague to take on the role of Compliance Officer. You will be part of our Compliance and Corporate Responsibility team in Hempel’s People and Culture department, but will interface with colleagues from other departments and from our regional organisations all over the world.
As a truly global company working in many industries across a broad range of countries, complying with applicable anti-bribery, export control, antitrust and other compliance legislations is key for our success.
Hempel has its Corporate Head Office in Kgs. Lyngby and the Compliance and Corporate Responsibility team supports the entire Hempel Group.
Your key responsibility will be to lead and support various compliance initiatives with high senior management attention and interaction.
You will be reporting directly to the Compliance and Corporate Responsibility Director and will be working independently and together with colleagues on a wide range of tasks, including:
- Maintaining a high awareness and understanding of our Code of Conduct, including providing face-to-face training to our employees and designing e-learning campaigns
- Managing, overseeing and leading internal whistle-blower investigations
- Strengthening our Third-Party governance and due diligence framework
- Conducting M&A and third party due diligence and responding to our clients’ due diligence requests
- General administration such as drafting progress reports and presentations for our management teams and the Ethics Committee
- Supporting the successful integration of acquired companies into the Hempel Group
- Anticipating needs and proactively engage with colleagues from other Group functions and regions
- Making an impact through our network of regional Compliance Officers.
Qualifications and skills:
You will be offered a rare opportunity to make an impact and to gain insight in a professional and experienced Compliance and Corporate Responsibility team in a highly international and ambitious company.
We are looking for a candidate with experience from another international organization who:
- Holds a relevant master degree or similar from a higher education, for example cand. jur. or cand. merc.
- Able to speak, read and write English fluently. Other languages are an advantage, but not a must
- Min 2-3 years of relevant work experience is a must
- Willing and able to travel up to 30 days per year
- Good at keeping focus on complex projects with many stakeholders
- Able to handle and prioritise many tasks at the same time
- Business minded and team oriented
- Independent and willing to take responsibility for your tasks.
What we offer:
We offer a variety of global career possibilities and many cross functional and cross cultural working relationships. We strive to create the right conditions for personal and professional development.
For further information on Hempel, please visit hempel.com. To apply for this position, please submit your motivation letter with a CV in English via the link no later than the 31st of August 2018. We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
Since 1915 Hempel has been a world-leading coatings specialist, providing protection and inspiration to the world around us. Today we have over 6,000 people in 80 countries delivering trusted solutions in the protective, decorative, marine, container, industrial and yacht markets. This includes many recognised brands like Crown Paints, Schaepman and Jones-Blair.
Hempel is proudly owned by the Hempel Foundation, which supports cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world.