Laboratory Technician - Wind Blade Coatings
Be part of a world-leading provider of coating solutions for the global Wind Energy sector
As Laboratory Technician, you will be part of our R&D team developing the most advanced coating solutions for the Wind Energy industry, maximising Hempel’s value proposition to our customers, such as Vestas and Siemens-Gamesa.
With a strong customer-focus and the ability to engage with your colleagues, you will take part in technology, research and development projects in close collaboration with the scientific community in Hempel HQ, Denmark.
Your tasks consists of, but are not limited to:
- Support chemists and engineers in the execution of technology, research and development projects in the area of coatings solutions for the Wind Energy sector
- Preparation of experimental paints and application of test specimens
- Performance evaluation of current and experimental coating systems according to agreed methods, standards and customer specifications
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Support the development of paint application methods with specialised equipment
- Keep accurate and complete records of your laboratory activity and produce quality reports of your projects.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education as Laboratory Technician or equivalent studies
- Strong hands-on and quality orientation in the lab
- Ability to independently plan and organise
- Effective communication skills
- Previous experience working in a coatings laboratory would be an advantage, but is not a requirement
- Fluency in English is a necessity, both written and spoken.
What we offer:
In Hempel we offer a variety of global career possibilities and many cross functional and cross cultural working relationships. We strive to create the right conditions for personal and professional development.
For further information on Hempel, please visit hempel.com. To apply for this position, please submit your application letter with a CV in English via the link no later than the 30th of September 2018.
Since 1915 Hempel has been a world-leading coatings specialist, providing protection and inspiration to the world around us. Today we have over 6,000 people in 80 countries delivering trusted solutions in the protective, decorative, marine, container, industrial and yacht markets. This includes many recognised brands like Crown Paints, Schaepman and Jones-Blair.
Hempel is proudly owned by the Hempel Foundation, which supports cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world.