Financial Controller for Danish Biotech Company – Part Time
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial controller to be responsible for Immudex financing and IT, three days a week. Immudex is a small, globally active, biotechnology company based in Copenhagen, manufacturing and selling MHC Dextramer® globally for the detection of antigen-specific T cells with a North American subsidiary in Virginia, US.
Immudex is looking for a financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. In addition, you will be coordinating IT services with Immudex’ external IT partner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Managing all finance and accounting operations
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly consolidated financial statements
- Managing all accounting operations including paying invoices, billing, A/R, A/P, general ledger and counsel, cost accounting, inventory accounting, revenue recognition and wage payments
- Preparing regulatory reporting
- Supporting month-end and year-end close process
- Managing and complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional accounting and controller duties as necessary
- Min. 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experienced with creating financial statements
- Experienced with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Experience with IT infrastructure and/or IT support will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office and Excellence in Microsoft Dynamic NAV
- English proficiency (understands, reads and speaks English) at a high level.
Please apply to this position as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will process applications on an ongoing basis. For more information, please contact Helene K. Hjenner, CEO, at +45 3917 9777.
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, with North American operations based in Fairfax, Virginia, Immudex manufactures MHC Dextramer® for the detection of antigen-specific T cells. Under an agreement with the US Cancer Immunotherapy Consortium (CIC) and the European Cancer Immunotherapy Consortium (CIMT), Immudex also provides MHC Multimer and Elispot proficiency panel services worldwide. Immudex’ MHC Dextramer® products are utilized for the quantification or sorting of antigen-specific T cells in life science research, in vitro diagnostics, as well as the development of immunotherapeutics and vaccines. The primary focus is research-use-only products for the immune monitoring of immunotherapy development, and monitoring of CMV cellular immunity in transplant and other immune-deficient patients. In Europe, the CEmarked Dextramer® CMV Kit is approved for in vitro diagnostic use, for the quantification of CMV-specific T cells. USA FDA 510(k) clearance for the CMV kit was granted March 2017. GMP Grade reagents are available. Our state-of-the-art dCODETM Dextramer® reagents enable massive multiplexing of antigen-specific T cell detection. Detection of over 1000 CD8+ T cell specificities from a single blood sample has been achieved. www.immudex.com.