Business Unit Director
Are you ready to become part of our Animal Health division?
We are looking for a Business Unit Director, to join us in our drive to innovate and enrich our Swine unit.
We work to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
If you are a highly ambitious individual with a digital focus and a passion to inspire change, we would love to hear from you.
The Business Unit Director will hold the responsibility for:
- Developing and ensuring a successful execution of short to long-term Business Unit (BU) strategic and commercial plans strategies maximizing the performance in terms of sales volume, market share and profitability
- Anticipating market trends and market opportunities that can impact our business leading and conducting the necessary strategic, structural and commercial adjustments required to maximize performance, market share and capture all potential growth opportunities
- Leading species-related marketing, technical and sales employees in the implementation of the BU plan and the generation of revenues up to and exceeding targets.
- Liaising with all BU customers to ensure mutual business success and constantly maintains high customer-centricity
- Is adept and agile in a complex business, regulatory and leadership environment, able to make rapid yet balanced decisions on key business issues.
The Ideal candidate will:
- A strong influencer and an acknowledged people leader who can drive creativity and inspire a team. And is a highly effective communicator who leads by example
- Digitally minded, with a passion for innovation
- Master’s Degree Science/ Veterinary Science ideal. Business study to MBA level preferred but not essential
- 2-3 years in senior line leadership position with substantial experience of working in a highly-matrixed network and in a role with significant P&L responsibility
- 5 years commercial experience in Pharma industry. However, this need not necessarily be spent entirely within Animal Health.
- English as a strong second language
- Ability to influence and manage in a matrix organization and across differing business, cultural and regulatory environments
- Strong strategic thinking, business acumen and customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure and a change agent within the company
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills