Senior Sales Manager
Take on a unique career challenge
Are you ready to embark on a career at the very forefront of commercial, technological and environmental development within the offshore wind energy market? As Senior Sales Manager, you will handle long-term complex negotiations of large-scale offshore wind projects and apply your commercial talent. At the same time, you will be working in a dynamic, global and multicultural environment.
Innovation + dedication + team spirit = that’s MHI Vestas
Innovation comes from daily inspiration and motivation. Even if we find ourselves in many different locations one thing remains the same: We prioritise the team spirit and we value the close connection between our employees. With +2000 employees in six different countries, we are one of the leading players in the offshore wind industry. We focus on financially viable and sustainable energy source projects that benefit future generations. Established in 2014, we are a young and ambitious organisation with a relaxed style and with room for differences.
Play a significant part in driving negotiations forward
Your main responsibility will be to manage the negotiation process regarding the Turbine Supply Agreement within the risk profile and mandate provided. This entails heading negotiations and managing the relationship with customers during the bidding phase as well as reviewing tender material. At the same time, you develop bid, negotiation and commercial strategies to match customer requirements.
Other tasks include:
- Ensuring structure within the negotiation phase, drafting negotiation plans and milestones
- Reporting progress to the management team and preparing sales/account strategy for your assigned projects
- Aligning commercial customer requirements, risk assessment and mitigation with internal stakeholders
- Developing new products, concepts or solutions as part of the negotiations with customers
- Secure compliance with MHI Vestas Offshore Wind’s internal processes and guidelines and drive business improvements projects related to the tender and negotiation phase
- Provide guidance to the project team supporting the bid and negotiation to ensure that all project team members are informed about the sales/account strategy for your assigned projects
Skills & experience: Our new colleague…
…is structured and patient and finds motivation in a long-term process moving towards finalizing agreements. Also, you have excellent communication and networking skills and you have previously negotiated large complex projects and multi-million Euro contracts. Furthermore, you thrive presenting and talking in front of a crowd as you will be called upon to do customer and management presentations on a regular basis.
More specifically, you:
- Probably have a background combining commercial business knowhow and technical insight. You might have a Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or Law combined with excellent business understanding. You could also have a background in engineering combined with experience in contracting or legal aspects
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience, proven sales and project management experience – preferably within the wind energy, power plants, infrastructure or the construction industry
- Understand the technical and commercial complexities of offshore wind projects as well as the contractual mechanisms – experience with Yellow FIDIC book would be a plus
Why should you apply?
You will join an international company with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. Our ambition is to become a leading player within the offshore industry, and we need your initiative, creativity and patience as you drive extensive sales processes towards closure. As such, you will become part of a highly professional environment where you will get a unique opportunity to directly influence the sales of large offshore projects.
Still not completely convinced? We also offer:
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- Values such as initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
Do you want to join us?
Excellent! We’re already looking forward to hearing from you. In case you have questions about the position, please contact Head of Commercial Contracting, Adam Thomsen, at +45 5096 5265. We can also tell you that your primary work location will be Aarhus, DK, Hamburg, DE, or London, UK, depending on your residence. Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible using the link on this page. We treat all inquiries confidentially.
Established in April 2014, MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Vestas Wind Systems A/S. Our vision is to be a leading player in the offshore industry by co-developing offshore wind as a financially viable and sustainable energy source to benefit future generations. An international organisation with +2000 employees and HQ in Aarhus, Denmark, we also have offices in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Sweden.