Apply your technical expertise to drive tower development
Are you interested in managing offshore wind turbine tower design, driving development initiatives for tower cost-out and engaging with customers on site-specific tower design? Do you want to apply your skills in a company working to ensure a sustainable future energy supply?
MHI Vestas wants to do better every day
With +2500 employees in seven different countries, we are one of the leading players in the offshore wind industry. Even if we find ourselves in many different locations, one thing remains the same: We prioritise the team spirit and we value the close connection between our employees. We focus on financially viable and sustainable solutions that benefit future generations. Established in 2014, we are a young, diverse and ambitious organisation with an informal and dynamic environment.
Tasks & responsibilities: You will…
…manage tower designs and customer engagement on towers for various offshore wind farm projects. You will be responsible for:
- Tower structure design
- Performing tower-related feasibility studies
- Technical support on field issues on tower
- Tower documentations and technical reviews on tower
- Driving tower cost-down through standardisation of tower and secure utilisation of existing tools throughout manufacturing, transportation and installation
- Responsible for developing tower-related cost-out ideas and identify most promising options in a business perspective
- Responsible for optimising and identifying potential improvements via state of the art load analysis tools
Skills & experience: Our new colleague…
…has a relevant educational background at master’s level in engineering with some years of experience from a similar position in a large company. As a person, you are innovative and have a systematic approach to your work and tasks. You thrive in a changing and fast-paced organisation where you are expected to adapt to changes and at the same time stay focused and keep the overview.
We expect that you:
- Have interdisciplinary technical experience
- Have experience with offshore technical capabilities
- Can foresee global technology development and ensure development of interdisciplinary technical knowledge
- Have excellent English skills
Join us if you…
...would like to work in an international and ambitious company where we work shoulder to shoulder every day to become the global leader in the offshore wind market. You will be part of a dedicated team in an organisation characterised by being ambitious, innovative and professional.
In Technical Engineering, we offer you:
- Great colleagues that support each other and work together
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- The right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. We value initiative and responsibility
- The opportunity to apply your engineering skills in a fast-paced industry
We’re already looking forward to hearing from you. In case you have questions about the position, please contact Head of Technical Engineering, Kenji Sato, on +45 2246 6481. Your primary work location will be Aarhus, DK, or London, UK, depending on your residence. Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible using the link on this page. We treat all inquiries confidentially.
Established in April 2014, MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Vestas Wind Systems A/S. Our vision is to be a leading player in the offshore industry by co-developing offshore wind as a financially viable and sustainable energy source to benefit future generations. An international organisation with +2500 employees and HQ in Aarhus, Denmark, we also have offices in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Taiwan and Japan.