Experienced Chief specialist for strategy, finance, and executive communication
Do you want to promote tomorrow's sustainable societies? Can you turn numbers and spreadsheets into compelling messages and stories? Are you thrilled by strategy, finance, and working with the c-suite? Then here is an excellent opportunity to extend your potential.
We are looking for an experienced specialist who can spearhead our efforts to promote our strategy; translate our financial numbers into comprehensible stories; support executive management; and be our communications lead on 'special projects' including M&As.
We operate around the globe, creating new and effective connections across countries, continents and communities. Thanks to our strong legacy of developing innovative solutions and excellent employees, we are acknowledged as global leaders within core fields of expertise.
Due to population growth, urbanisation, climate change and increasing demand for sustainable solutions, the world needs what we can offer. Our services include the entire range of engineering consultancy, from world-class bridge construction to urban planning, transportation solutions, environmental studies and much more.
We are determined to keep growing at a significant pace in the coming years and therefore, we need outstanding communications.
- Taking our strategy communication to the next level
- Developing the communication of financial results to our shareholders and colleagues
- Acting as communications lead on strategic/special projects including M&A
- Acting as advisor to executive management on employee and leadership communication
- Teaching and training leaders in the business
- Contributing to the development of internal communications across all channels
- Being the communications partner for HR and other Business Support functions
- Honing your understanding of strategy, finance and leadership
- Developing your ability to communicate a complex reality in effective ways
- Contributing to the execution of an ambitious business growth strategy and culture development
- Working closely with executive management
- Becoming part of a fast-paced, demanding international environment, cooperating with excellent communicators in COWI's communications teams
- Learning from your world-class colleagues in the business and in the communications team
- A degree in communication, journalism or other relevant field of study
- More than 10 years of experience preferably from another international company
- Experience in strategy, finance, leadership and executive communication
- Profound understanding of business dynamics and a strong interest in market developments
- Experience in leading communication projects with multiple (sometimes demanding) stakeholders, cooperating and coordinating across functions and borders
- Ability to grasp strategy and complex concepts and translate them into concrete briefs, presentations, and articles
- Attentive to detail
- Proactive behaviour, listening attitude, and a robust personality with a strong drive
- Ability to prioritise, lead yourself (and others) and work in a structured way
- A cooperative approach
- Excellent English and Danish skills
COWI as a workplace
You will join COWI's global communications team of approx. 30 diverse specialists and our Communication Board, reporting to our Vice President and Head of Group Communication.
We value a cooperative One COWI mind-set and style of working. We are engaged, friendly, and ambitious We promote an open-minded, diverse and informal work environment.
You will be working from our global headquarters in Lyngby (Greater Copenhagen), Denmark.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact:
Vice President and Head of Group Communication
Mobile: +45 2441 3026
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter no later than 15 Jan 2019. Please note we will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.