Laboratory technician at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (maternity cover – 1 year)
The research group of Matthias Mann (The Clinical Proteomics group) is looking for an engaged laboratory technician. The position is a maternity cover and for 1 year.
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR – https://www.cpr.ku.dk/) has been established at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen to promote basic and applied discovery research on human proteins of medical relevance. The Center comprises a wide range of expertise and resources including proteomics, protein production and characterization in disease mechanisms. The Clinical Proteomics group is led by Prof. Dr. Matthias Mann, a leading authority in mass spectrometry-based proteomics with more than 180,000 citations and an h-factor of 214 (Google Scholar).
The Clinical Proteomics group develops and applies proteomics technology with a goal of understanding health and disease and making an impact in public health. We work in close synergy with the Proteomics and Cell Signaling group at the Max-Planck Institute of Biochemistry in Munich, which is also led by Prof. Mann as well as other groups at the CPR, especially Professor Chunaram Choudhary.
For more information about the research group please visit: http://www.cpr.ku.dk/research/proteomics/mann-group/.
As our laboratory technician, you will carry out a number of routine laboratory tasks but also expected to have an independent overview of the general operation and maintenance of the laboratory. You will be responsible for the daily organization of the laboratory and independently coordinate and plan tasks supporting experiments.
As a Laboratory Technician, you will also have following responsibilities:
- Instruct and coordinate the tasks of laboratory assistants.
- Coordinate with Mass-spectrometry (MS) platform to maintain stocks of MS chemicals and LC columns (for both Mann and Choudhary group).
- Involve in regular maintenance of LCMS.
- Prepare samples for proteomics analysis.
- Perform peptide-based fractionation on Spider fractionator.
- Handle orders and receive materials.
- Registration of chemicals and ensure the safety in the laboratory.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be associated with the position.
Essential experience and skills:
The position requires:
- Solid previous experience as laboratory technician in a research laboratory.
- Proven experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell culture, histology and microscopy laboratory work and techniques.
- Good computer literacy and previous experience working with databases.
- The applicant should be reliable and well organized. The work requires independence and demands flexibility and accuracy. Further, you must have good interpersonal skills and interest in working in an international team.
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written, are prerequisite for the successful candidate and Danish is desirable.
- Should hold a degree as laboratory technician.
Experience in working with proteomics samples preparations, LCMS will be advantage but is not required.
Previous experience in logistic laboratory support will be valued.
Terms of salary and employment
Your employment will be at Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research, University of Copenhagen. The position is full-time (37 hours per week) and for 1 year, and it is open for appointment from 1 March 2019.
Employment as laboratory technician will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and OAO/HK STAT. The position is placed in salary group 5.
Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated.
For further information, please contact Camilla Johansson by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application in English by clicking "Apply now" below.
The application should consist of the following:
- Letter of application/motivation (max 1 page).
- Your CV incl. education, a list of laboratory skills/techniques, previous employments, language skills and other relevant skills.
- Copy of relevant certificate/diploma.
Deadline for application: 15 January 2019.
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the abovementioned requirements.
Interviews are expected to be held in week 4.
University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.