Group Patent Attorney
If you are passionate about intellectual property rights, then you now have a chance to be part of a team that is actively shaping Hempel´s future.
Our new colleague will take on a newly formed role, and become part of a team of 2 patent specialists and one patent attorney and refer to the Intellectual Property Manager. As Group Patent Attorney you will be responsible for establishing patent portfolios within new focus areas and ensuring the right professional level of the team's general patent support worldwide.
You will work with R&D colleagues globally, and you will also interface with R&D’s primary stakeholders in the patent area who include Product and Portfolio, Marketing and Hempel’s Legal Department. Travelling is estimated to approx.15 days per year.
Kgs. Lyngby, Copenhagen Area (DK).
- Perform patentability opinions, draft applications, prosecute and defend patent rights
- Evaluate competitor IPR and perform freedom to operate analysis
- Prepare and support opposition cases
- Train and coach scientist/formulators and marketing/product and portfolio/sales colleagues
- Sparring Partner for Patent Specialist colleagues on professional matters and responsible for the quality and the professional level in their deliveries
- In-house training of Patent Specialists on the patch to become senior patent specialists or patent attorneys
- Handle IPR aspects of legal agreements and negotiations.
Qualifications and skills:
- Natural science degree in e.g. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or material science
- At least 5 years patent experience and a qualified European Patent Attorney
- Experienced in the role as advisor and has a good business understanding
- Good communication skills in English, written as well as spoken
- Analytical gifted and very structured in work processes
- Quality oriented
In addition, you are service minded, proactive, have strong leadership skills and are capable to drive patenting processes also outside your technical field in close collaboration with external patent attorneys who are experts in that particular field.
What we offer:
In Hempel we offer a variety of global career possibilities and many cross functional and cross cultural working relationships. We strive to create the right conditions for personal and professional development.
Application due: 10/02/2019.
Since 1915 Hempel has been a world-leading coatings specialist, providing protection and inspiration to the world around us. Today we have over 6,500 people in 80 countries delivering trusted solutions in the protective, decorative, marine, container, industrial and yacht markets. This includes many recognised brands like Crown Paints, J. W. Ostendorff, Schaepman and Jones-Blair.
Hempel is proudly owned by the Hempel Foundation, which supports cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world.