As Business Controller in Europe & Africa Region you will work closely with our regional entities and the rest of the Europe financial team. You will drive, facilitate or support initiatives the Hempel 2020 strategy “Journey to Excellence”.
You will work across functions and management focusing on various business projects. With direct access to leaders and stakeholders across Europe & Africa, the role demands an agile, autonomous and skilled, business oriented individual able to work in an international matrix-organisation. Solid financial skills are necessary, however business insight and orientation supporting business with a financial perspective is key.
You will provide business controlling to the VP of our business in Europe & Africa and the Finance Director, both located at Regional HQ in Denmark, while reporting into the Finance Manager, Financial and Business Controlling, based in Poland.
The responsibility in the role includes:
- Deliver pro-active business support across the European organisation
- Support to key commercial and operational stakeholders, provide necessary insight and analysis for our continuous improvement, supported by financial controller team
- Drive budget and forecast processes
- Help monitoring and analysing sales and operational performance of the businesses
- Ad hoc reports clarifying business issues
- Coordinating management reporting to Group and Regional stakeholders
- Building/support business cases
- Facilitate follow-up on milestones for significant European projects
- Help further develop relevant finance systems
- Master degree in Finance or related area (cand. Merc. Aud or similar)
- Minimum 2 -5 years professional experience from a similar position
- Experience from matrix organisation, preferably with exposure to virtual leadership
- Practical experience in budgeting and forecasting process
- Constructive working attitude that invites to positive interactions with peers to foster teamwork
- Motivated by an autonomous role in an international environment under change
- Fluent in business English
- Service minded and proactive team player with a strong personality
- Microsoft’s AX Dynamics experience would be an additional advantage as well as high level of Microsoft Excel practical knowledge exceeding average level
What we offer:
In Hempel we offer a variety of global career possibilities and many cross functional and cross cultural working relationships. We strive to create the right conditions for personal and professional development.
How to apply:
For further information on Hempel, please visit hempel.com To apply for this position, please submit your application letter with a CV in English via the link no later than 24 February 2019.
Since 1915 Hempel has been a world-leading coatings specialist, providing protection and inspiration to the world around us. Today we have over 6,500 people in 80 countries delivering trusted solutions in the protective, decorative, marine, container, industrial and yacht markets. This includes many recognised brands like Crown Paints, J. W. Ostendorff, Schaepman and Jones-Blair.
Hempel is proudly owned by the Hempel Foundation, which supports cultural, humanitarian and scientific causes across the world.