Innovative Engineer to Mechanical Product Development
We are looking for a new colleague to join R&D Chemical Technology and Hardware Development, where we work with the development of new process layouts and proprietary equipment for the petrochemical Industry, refineries, and the environmental sector.
We excel in market driven innovation in a global organization, and your focus area will be development of novel hardware equipment from proper need clarification through conceptualization to detailing and realization. The equipment can be reactors and other large/heavy components where a fierce operation environment of high pressure and temperatures provides interesting challenges. Additionally, we develop tools, equipment, and methods for efficient filling of catalyst pellets into reactors.
You will work with product developers having a background in process or mechanical engineering, and you will team up with experts within the fields of CFD, FEM and materials science.
We believe product development yields the best results when we work together in teams, building on each other’s strengths. However, it is also important that you are proactive and work independently when it comes to planning, acquiring new knowledge and building network.
- Development of equipment and work methods for use in the industry.
- Implementation of new technology on customer site.
- Test activities to gain knowledge needed for equipment design or function of prototypes.
- Trouble shooting and root cause analysis.
- are aware that effective development work is based on understanding the market needs, thorough problem analysis, and the identification of critical demands as well as criteria for the solution to be developed.
- understand that a good developer is objective, welcome other people’s new ideas and always strive for the best solution.
- often curiously investigate how a product has been made, which materials and fabrication processes were used and how it precisely works.
- have disassembled products to learn their secrets and possibly made modifications to make them suit your purpose better.
- often ask “How can this be done smarter?” rather than “How is this done?”.
- are passionate about development work and see opportunities instead of limitations.
- thrive in a challenging environment where you often do not know the immediate way forward.
- You have a strong theoretical background in engineering disciplines and hold a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar. You are skilled in the use of product development methods with a good knowledge of heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid mechanics and materials science. You have a broad knowledge of manufacturing processes – both traditional and advanced and are a skilled user of 3D CAD.
- Both experienced and newly graduated are welcome to apply, as we can offer you challenges on both levels.
- Excellent English skills both verbal and written are required.
Please contact R&D Director Michael Boe, +45 2275 4341 or R&D Manager Michael Hultqvist, +45 2275 4706. If you want to be part of our skilled and dynamic development team submit your application including relevant diplomas and possible references.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2017, our revenue was approximately 760 million US dollars, and we employ some 2,100 employees.