At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The more than 115,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
By constant innovation during the years, BASF A/S Ballerup has developed a unique powder formulation technology. We are specialised in microencapsulated formulations of vitamins, carotenoids and Omega-3 mainly for the beverage, food and pharmaceutical industries. There are approximately 160 employees at our site in Ballerup. We are now hiring an EHS Manager.
What you can expect
With a functional reference to Head of EHS Nordic/Baltic, your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Ensure guidance and provide hands-on support in all aspects of EHS requirements to enable the plant construction projects to comply with country regulations and with BASF’s Responsible Care Management Program.
- Control site EHS documentation and monitor compliance of site operations to meet legal requirements, site targets and BASF audit standards.
- Develop the site’s Responsible Care Management System.
- Continuously improve projects’ Responsible Care performance by establishing improvement targets, by promotion of Responsible Care principles and identification and introduction of best practices.
- Regularly measure and report EHS performance to management.
- Ensure training and education in EHS matters for new hires (employees and contractors).
- Coordinate occupational health audits and ensure contact to our external health services provider.
What we expect
- Degree in EHS, Manufacturing, Science or Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing/industrial operations or EHS authorities.
- Good knowledge of EHS legislation – especially for Denmark.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Danish.
As a person, we expect you to be open-minded, proactive and visible at the production site supporting with EHS guidance. To succeed in the role as EHS Manager, it is relevant to have strong collaboration and communication skills as well as the ability to take on responsibility and be result oriented to fulfil your targets.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.