Senior Mechanical & Electrical Engineer for the Copenhagen Metro project
Do you want to help us coordinate the mechanical, electrical, architectural and structural design of the Copenhagen Metro line?
Then we offer you a once in a lifetime position that lasts until 2024. And the opportunity to join the Metro 2040 project.
This is an opportunity to work with a highly professional, dedicated and multinational team and be part of something that will shape the future infrastructure of Copenhagen.
“You will gain in-depth understanding of the Copenhagen Metro construction as you coordinate tasks within many different fields. It is your responsibility to coordinate between many fields ensuring that the right tasks are dealt with at the right time by the right experts.”
– Dieter Schmitt, M&E Manager.
Coordinate our design processes
You will join a team of engineers and experts within mechanical, electrical, architectural and structural design. It is your task to ensure proper and timely coordination of interdisciplinary tasks. These include design, delivery, coordination and design approvals for electro-mechanical installations from the preliminary design phase through to the shop drawing phase. Your tasks are mainly solved at the office and include:
- Verification of the design of the mechanical and electrical (M&E) installations
- Coordination of the M&E design with the structural and architectural design
- Supervision of the M&E designers, including conduction of meetings and monitoring the design submission schedule
- Stakeholder communication, including consultants and suppliers
- Client communication regarding design approval, change requests, monthly meetings and more.
“Does the geometrical structural design allow for proper integration of the ventilation system components and is it designed to provide for the correct airflow? That is just one example of a task you need to solve in close cooperation with your colleagues.”
– Dieter Schmitt, M&E Manager.
Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical design
We are looking for an experienced candidate who has at least 5 years of experience from a similar position within design of metros or related infrastructure projects. You are thorough, systematic and enjoy working within clearly defined work parameters. Moreover, you:
- Have a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Have a good understanding of multidisciplinary design and its coordination with project designs
- Have a good understanding of AutoCAD and 3D design
- Have good English skills as all internal communication is in English
- Are a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Please submit your application via "Apply online". Interviews will be held continuously. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
TUNN3L JV I/S is a joint venture between worldwide leading construction companies HOCHTIEF and VINCI. We will deliver the construction of the metro line Cityringen to the client Metroselskabet and construction is estimated to be completed by 2024.
TUNN3L JV place high demands on our employees, but we also offer great opportunities for personal development, and we create the framework to help you make your mark on both the company and the projects we create together.
Mechanical & Electrical Engineerweb site: