Customer Service & Logistics Specialist
Do you have experience of customer service and logistics, and would you like to help us build up the Customer Service & Logistics department of WCE Lifesciences?
WCE Lifesciences in Denmark have been developing their business over the years, and the next step is to build up their own Customer Service & Logistics department. We are looking for a new colleague with an excellent ability to provide our customers with the best of service.
You will be based in Bjæverskov and be a part of the Danish WCE Lifesciences team of 8 dedicated colleagues focusing on regenerative medicine tools and therapies. WCE Lifesciences are a part of Cook Group/Cook Medical.
Your main tasks will be to interact with our customers by phone or e-mail to provide information and assistance and to process orders through the company’s order entry system and ensure shipments to customers.
You will also be taking care of the following tasks:
- Add and maintain customer details as required
- Prepare sales quotations, sales reports, data analyses and other information as required
- Communicate with the Finance departments regarding relevant information
- Invoice national and international orders, issue credit notes and handle returns
- Responsible for coordinating and generating responses to customer requests, inquiries and technical questions
- Facilitate contact between other departments and customers
- Update the Customer Relations Management (CRM) system
- Manage incoming finished goods and inventory locally
- Responsible for shipping of products to customers
- Perform customer satisfaction evaluations including follow-up activities
- Assess requests for services from existing and new customers
- Maintain company quality and safety standards
WCE Lifesciences operate in a global environment which requires you to be an outgoing person who thrives on contact with foreign customers and colleagues. You are able to handle many parallel tasks in a dynamic work environment, maintaining an overview and with an eye for details in a structured way.
You must be comfortable working independently within your own areas of responsibility, but more importantly, we expect you to be an excellent team player with a positive attitude and committed approach to your tasks and to upgrading your knowledge, job skills and competences along with a proactive attitude to changes and new opportunities.
As a Customer Service & Logistics Specialist you are expected to have the following qualifications
- Experience of customer service
- Experience of logistics and various international shipping and export documents as well as knowledge of handling letters of credit
- Knowledge of ERP and CRM systems
- Excellent and effective communication skills in written and spoken English (full professional proficiency)
- Experience of working with a quality management system in a regulated industry
- Familiarity with EU rules and regulations for medicinal products preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple software applications
- Superior time management and planning/organizational skills
- Availability and willingness to travel on company business, mainly for training purposes
Cook Medical’s company culture is based on a set of strong common values where responsible, competent and professional employees are our most important resource.
We have a flat organizational structure and focus on open dialogue. Qualities such as determination, loyalty and humour are highly appreciated.
The staff of Cook Medical helps to uphold the company’s philosophy of developing innovative medical solutions to raise the quality of patient treatment worldwide - we make a difference every day.
In addition to a salary package with pension, we offer flex time, a bonus system, health insurance and free use of the company’s own gym.
If you would like additional information about the position, please feel free to contact Susan Agerholm Ballegaard, Manager, Quality Assurance, WCE, Life Science Services by mail: email@example.com or mobile +45 20 15 37 79.
Deadline for applications is March 20, 2019.